Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Sound Effects Update

Mickeysofine1972
    Is it you on the avatar?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

So, should I keep recording sound effects? I could shift my efforts to music.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Quote Originally Posted by lexen View Post
    So, should I keep recording sound effects? I could shift my efforts to music.
    Well I think it would be great if you could work on some "sounds a bit like something I heard already" type music for the radio/entertainment system.

That way can add that and have the dudes do some dancing

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Be 100% honest. You know, I know, and everyone else knows this game is going absolutely nowhere. I've seen no "Actual" videos or screenshots, and every single development status update consists of "we need (minor element here)".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Cam! View Post
    Be 100% honest. You know, I know, and everyone else knows this game is going absolutely nowhere. I've seen no "Actual" videos or screenshots, and every single development status update consists of "we need (minor element here)".
    Is this an offer of help or are you hoping your words of encouragement might speed up development?

You be trollin!

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

hey, hey.... slow down.

i check out la vida about once a month to every two weeks. to be honest, development is a little slow. but by no means is this project "going absolutely nowhere".

why don't you check it out yourself?

Beans

I too am also excited and hopeful about this project. Keep up the good work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Have you actually downloaded the SVN? We have gone from absolutly nothing to an environment in only a year, with only 2 major contributors to code.

Beans

Wink Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

he Sims wasn't built overnight, and I am pretty sure The Sims is copyrighted and definitely not open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Post Updated Theme and More Sound Effects

I added a few more sound effects to the page that I had made before we started using pdsounds.org. Hopefully we can use some of them as they are custom made for this game.

I also updated the theme with an acoustic guitar like you asked. Please let me know what you think about it and let me know if there is anything you would like me to change.

In the sound effects page I have added files named "Day Time" and "Night Time" which are basically nature sounds, though you can hear some cars in the background. I figured it would be nice to have something playing while you play the game.

I was messing with the "la_vida.cfg" file and I can't seem to get the audio to play. I would have thought changing "music=False" to "music=True" would make the music play in the background, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

I was thinking that it would be cool if the radio had two settings: AM and FM. With AM the game would look to a folder labeled "radio" and would then consider any folders in there to be stations. So, if you had a file like ~/radio/Indie/Unseen Irony - Diet Starts Tomorrow.ogg it would be on the Indie station with the song "Diet Starts Tomorrow" with the artist "Unseen Irony."

If the user selected FM, it would take them to one of the internet radio stations that we have put into the game. It would be great because we would have a plethora of music for the players and it would be good for the internet radio station because they would get more listeners.

Let me know what you think about that. I was thinking about it at work and it just seemed like the right way to go. It would also be cool if we could incorporate Pandora, but that would be tricky.

Download Page

Later,
    Lexen

Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast