Thread: Mythbuntu/Mythtv pre-installed Computers?

Beans

Mythbuntu/Mythtv pre-installed Computers?

Hi

Sorry to ask something so silly, but I couldn't really find vendors of computers with mythbuntu preinstalled. I googled, earched around here,etc. Any pointers?

I really need something simple, mostly plug it to the large digital TV I have, and display DVD's (a dvd rom would be reat), watch internet TV a la Hulu.com, youtube, etc. A remote control is essential. The closer thing I found is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16856167020

But this is just a barebones, and already at USD 350! You still need a lot of work and money before you get a whole system.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by mendieta; September 14th, 2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: paragraph formatting

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Mythbuntu/Mythtv pre-installed Computers?

You might be better off buying a PS3. After looking at some of the reviews at newegg, I wouldn't even consider buying the system.

Jim

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    You might be better off buying a PS3. After looking at some of the reviews at newegg, I wouldn't even consider buying the system.

Jim
    Thanks a lot Jim, this could be the ticket ... can you install Mythbuntu as a dual boot on the PS3? Meaning: can you still use the PS3 for gaming if you install Mythbuntu on it? Do you know?
    Last edited by mendieta; September 14th, 2008 at 05:12 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mendieta View Post
    Thanks a lot Jim, this could be the ticket ... can you install Mythbuntu as a dual boot on the PS3? Meaning: can you still use the PS3 for gaming if you install Mythbuntu on it? So you know?
    mmmm ... it looks like you can, this could be exactly what I need, since I was also thinking of buying a gaming console for my son, thanks so much!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming...om-Your-PS3/p3

By the way, would other consoles be good for this, too? Like the Wii ?

Thanks, again
    Last edited by mendieta; September 14th, 2008 at 05:14 AM.