View Poll Results: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Via the distro/s of my choice (other then the e distros listed below).

26 39.39%
  • Via OzOS.

11 16.67%
  • Via Maryan Linux.

2 3.03%
  • Via OpenGEU.

7 10.61%
  • Via Elive.

8 12.12%
  • Via Yellow Dog Linux.

1 1.52%
  • Via BSDanywhere.

2 3.03%
  • Via the Enlightenment LiveCD (based on OpenSUSE-11.0).

4 6.06%
  • I have never used the Enlightenment WM but plan to try the above selected.

9 13.64%
  • I have tried Enlightenment but prefer another Desktop Environment/WM . Please List.

21 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    I always just use window list
    Is that a module? I do not recall seeing that.

E17 is not going to have a smaller base, since they are creating a "desktop shell" (window manager + more), not a window manager.
    Well, even gnome lets you install the separate parts that you want....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by basenvironment View Post
    Is that a module? I do not recall seeing that.
    It should be installed on your E17 install, its called itask.

Quote Originally Posted by basenvironment View Post
    Well, even gnome lets you install the separate parts that you want....
    Yes, but the way E17 is built prevents this. Modularization is not what E17 wants, it wants instead integration.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

I use e17 almost exclusively 'Via the distro/s of my choice (other then the e distros listed below)'... currently I'm using it on Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit. I just think Enlightenment rocks! Beautiful, sleek & fast, without all the clutter of some others.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I just started playing with it again and have so far only installed it in Ubuntu.

I love it so far for its simple elegance, but find Gnome a little more functional. I'm confident that Enlightenment will catch up eventually, though.

My biggest criticism of it is its default file manager. It's simplicity taken too far. It's especially bad when you're stuck with only a touchpad, dodging around to each new window. Once I installed Pacman it was much more comfortable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Usin' enlightenment 0.16.999.050-svn on ubuntu 8.04 , just fast, minimalistic, just what i need.
    Still, would be nice to see some more features to the file manager, but then again, it rocks as it is!
    s3kt0r: change can't be stopped.
    Ubuntu usr #25761
    current setup: Arch(i686)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by s3kt0r View Post
    Usin' enlightenment 0.16.999.050-svn on ubuntu 8.04 , just fast, minimalistic, just what i need.
    Still, would be nice to see some more features to the file manager, but then again, it rocks as it is!
    File Manager isn't nearly complete yet. It is known to lack several features, and is prone to breakage. I would suggest using a different file manager with E17 like Thunar or PCManFM.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talking Re: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

Well thanks for the heads up smartboyathome, as you might have noticed I'm not a old time enlightenment user, so I may not be (yet!) fully aware and updated. Just give me some time
    Also, I haven't used any of those you refer, I guess I'll try them both; since you have refered the two of them, they must be pretty good. Going to check on that, do some research, see what comes up.
    But I like the default file manager, will definately check it out from time to time.

regards,

p.s.: Installed PCMan, and it works perfectly. Doesn't have many options, but it does have some interesting ones (like opening terminal from folder and also root terminal), just don't use it for desktop and icon management. Stickin with it for the time being, it has convinced me. Thank you for that tip!
    Last edited by s3kt0r; January 7th, 2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Installed PCMan.
    s3kt0r: change can't be stopped.
    Ubuntu usr #25761
    current setup: Arch(i686)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123