View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Are you looking for the Global Menu or are you specifically looking for a theme applied to the menu? Unfortunately the GlobalMenu will never be as nice on Linux as it does on OSX because there are too many different ways to call menus and I don't see Firefox or OpenOffice.org playing well with GlobalMenu for quite some time.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Are you looking for the Global Menu or are you specifically looking for a theme applied to the menu? Unfortunately the GlobalMenu will never be as nice on Linux as it does on OSX because there are too many different ways to call menus and I don't see Firefox or OpenOffice.org playing well with GlobalMenu for quite some time.
    I dunno, a theme would probably be the best way to do it. Maybe in the future we'll start focusing more on beautification of the OS as opposed to practicality.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marcus View Post
    Hi guys, I have a problem and me and infra_red_dude are having trouble working it out. Basically, certain apps such as nautilus don't integrate properly and are just grey. If anyone knows a solution to this problem, help would be nice.
    Yeah, as I said in our email conversations this is a system-wide issue that no themes that are based on GTK pixbuf engine are being applied.

I've had that happen to me a few time, Marcus. To the best of my recollection it was an issue with how the themes loaded on startup and logging out and then logging back in seemed to have helped.

@infra:
    I'm giving KDE an audition so I'm not going to be able to do much checking of problems and solutions for a bit. The good news is that if I stay with KDE I should be able to finally help see how M4L plays with KDE. But damn this DE has a big learning curve. There's a lot to check and a lot of places to tweak, but there are times when I appreciate GNOME's simplicity. Today I need to find a good KDE noobie's guide because their help app is nowhere as easy as GNOME's for finding info what some of these options are.
    That's good. KDE is a good DE, albeit a bit heavy. Maybe you could help me port Mac4Lin to KDE

Quote Originally Posted by andon21 View Post
    So i was just wondering if anyone else wanted the snow leopard menu style to be applied to the Ubuntu Menus. I really like the look and was just wondering if it was possible something like docky's maybe?
    What menu style are you talking about, here?
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    That's good. KDE is a good DE, albeit a bit heavy. Maybe you could help me port Mac4Lin to KDE
    That's part of my plan. [/evil laugh] I think I'm having some stability issues with Plasma being installed on top of a GNOME system so I'm trying to decide if I want to do a fresh install of Kubuntu or just keep working as I have been. Unfortunately I'm still fighting to get my Electric Sheep screensaver and a wallpaper changer working so my system definitely isn't to the point where I can get back to simply doing my daily work stuff yet.

Beans

I posted a while back regarding a mac4lin issue with firefox. Just wondering when the next release is expected to be released?.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by teh'p3nsi0n3r View Post
    I posted a while back regarding a mac4lin issue with firefox. Just wondering when the next release is expected to be released?.
    I'm aware of the issue, but I haven't been finding time of late to work on Mac4Lin. Dev. has been pretty slow

I would welcome anybody who wishes to help me in Mac4Lin development
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Just an update, Mac4Lin SVN has been updated with a new version of GTK Themes' and GTK Icons' directories. They are compatible with the latest version of GNOME and distributions like Ubuntu, Fedora etc.

To download everything goto this page: http://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mac4lin/ and on the botton click on "Download Tarball". If you however want to download specific components (like GTK_Theme etc.) then goto that directory and download the specific tarball. To install, you can follow any guide available online to install either the GTK theme or the GTK Icon theme.

I am yet to make a formal release, but those who want to experiment with the latest version and file bugs are welcome to do so

Beans

Thanks, IRD.

I'll give it a download and report back if any probs / suggestions.
    Arch 3.3.1-1 (x86_64) w/Gnome 3.2
    ASUS P7P55-E-Pro, Geforce GTX460, i5-750, 8GB
    Dell XPS m1330, Geforce 8400M, 4965AGN
    HP Folio 13 Ultrabook

Beans

I was looking around at MakeUseOf.com today and found an article 5 Tools And tips For A Sexier Ubuntu Interface. The third thing they list is Mac4Lin, although they call it "slightly outdated." They even have a screenshot of the install script.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I was looking around at MakeUseOf.com today and found an article 5 Tools And tips For A Sexier Ubuntu Interface. The third thing they list is Mac4Lin, although they call it "slightly outdated." They even have a screenshot of the install script.
    Thanks for letting us know, Peng Well, looks like I need to make a formal release. The latest version is in the SVN repo and it appears not everyone knows how to get the latest version off it.

Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast