View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

I always use the Mac4Lin project on my ubuntu system and will always carry on as you guys are the best. Thanks for making such a great theme with such good support.
    Long may you continue this excellent work.

Regards
    DJP

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    There is no usplash screen resolution as such. I guess you need to change the default resolution so that the login screen appears at that resolution. The splash graphic is just an image file.
    Actually you can set the startup resolution (for the initial boot processes) in StartUp-Manager, but every time I tried it I got errors when I tried to boot with that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by killer2239 View Post
    I installed the mac4lin install. I love it overall. However im curious if there is anyway to make it do everything but put the X, Max/Min and Shrink back to the top right?
    What lime4x4 said.

Quote Originally Posted by lime4x4 View Post
    2.2 Shifting the order of the titlebar buttons
    The installation script will move the “traffic lights”, the minimize, maximize
    and close buttons, on the left hand side of the titlebar in Metacity
    (instructions for using the Emerald/Compiz Fusion theme appear in Section
    3). If you want to make the change manually, press Alt+F2 and type in gconf-editor.
    Press Enter or click Run and a new window should appear. In the sidebar, go to / →
    apps → metacity → general. Back on the right hand side, double click on
    button_layout. Delete the value that's there and type in
    menu:minimize,maximize,close. Then Click OK and close the application
    Configuration Editor. The buttons will now be on the left side of titlebar. To restore
    the buttons to the original layout, just replace the string with
    close,minimize,maximize:menu.
    Thanks for posting that rather than making killer2239 wait for us to get on and see his question. =D>

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Power View Post
    I always use the Mac4Lin project on my ubuntu system and will always carry on as you guys are the best. Thanks for making such a great theme with such good support.
    Long may you continue this excellent work.

Regards
    DJP
    Glad you like our little project. Well, infra's project really. I just help with docs and a few other things.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Actually you can set the startup resolution (for the initial boot processes) in StartUp-Manager, but every time I tried it I got errors when I tried to boot with that setting.

What lime4x4 said.

Thanks for posting that rather than making killer2239 wait for us to get on and see his question. =D>

Glad you like our little project. Well, infra's project really. I just help with docs and a few other things.
    well do you mind notify us when its is finished. i am experiencing alot of undesired results. and i wasnt in root@root I was in username@username, i put it as root@root for sort on here. im experiencing loss of memory, pidgin does not save emails and passwords, the applications in custom menu bar is not functioning. I cant go to systems>preferences>main menu...etc at first everything I mention worked nicely and i had no complaints until recently i tried adding a few programs too ubuntu repositories now it seems to be degrading, so i have to reinstall ubuntu to get it to come back. im on hardy by the way and probably wont use hardy again cause of this =/
    Last edited by KEE; December 7th, 2008 at 11:32 PM.

Beans

Question Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

How can I change my gnome application icon?
    I want the black apple (like in your screenshoot) instead of the gnome black feet.

Thank you for your job!
    It's very nice!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by KEE View Post
    well do you mind notify us when its is finished. i am experiencing alot of undesired results. and i wasnt in root@root I was in username@username, i put it as root@root for sort on here. im experiencing loss of memory, pidgin does not save emails and passwords, the applications in custom menu bar is not functioning. I cant go to systems>preferences>main menu...etc at first everything I mention worked nicely and i had no complaints until recently i tried adding a few programs too ubuntu repositories now it seems to be degrading, so i have to reinstall ubuntu to get it to come back. im on hardy by the way and probably wont use hardy again cause of this =/
    Notifying about what? One thing I can guarantee is that whatever you are experience is not because of Mac4Lin as it DOES NOT modify any system files. Looks like you've installed too much software and one of them is screwing something up.

Quote Originally Posted by psychok9 View Post
    How can I change my gnome application icon?
    I want the black apple (like in your screenshoot) instead of the gnome black feet.

Thank you for your job!
    It's very nice!
    Been answered before but here goes: Goto /home/<username>/.icons/<Mac4Lin icon folder>/scalable/places. You will see the GNOME foot. Replace all instances of the icon with whatever you like

DJ_Peng: I think we must include this in the documentation FAQ and also move the changing of close/min/max button position from left to right into the FAQ section.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

Notifying about what?

Sorry folks, I've been a bit busy with my projects and hence wasn't able to upload them on sf.net. I tried to tweak somethings at sf.net so that DJ Peng has access to file releases menu but unfortunately something seems to be broken regarding the permission settings on sf.net. I've mailed the maintainence team but yet to hear from them

So, for the moment, plz override the version check in FF to use the themes or if that doesn't cut it, kindly wait for some days till I'm done with my semester exams.

Alas, the Usplashes are borked for Intrepid until I can get them rebuilt, and when I checked the script I had for the last build it got updated to be easier to use and isn't working quite properly. I'm planning on trying to get that fixed this weekend because I've come to love our Usplashes. Creating Usplashes is a bit of a pian, especially since the script I use has been updated in ways that's making itharder for me to use.

I'm using the Aqua Firefox theme with small isons (I can't stand the damned keyhole that got brought into Fx3) and I'm not having any issues. Can you be a little more specific as to what you're experiencing?
    looks like you were working on something? state an update here and that would good =/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KEE View Post
    I'm already on posting when I get the Usplashes working, but it got delayed by some RL stuff. It's on my list for this week though. Although I doubt seriously that Mac4Lin is the culprit for the issues you're having. And what infra said.

Notifying about what? One thing I can guarantee is that whatever you are experience is not because of Mac4Lin as it DOES NOT modify any system files. Looks like you've installed too much software and one of them is screwing something up.

Been answered before but here goes: Goto /home/<username>/.icons/<Mac4Lin icon folder>/scalable/places. You will see the GNOME foot. Replace all instances of the icon with whatever you like

DJ_Peng: I think we must include this in the documentation FAQ and also move the changing of close/min/max button position from left to right into the FAQ section.
    Good call. I'll do that.

Beans

I am impressed by the way infra-red has burnt my lappy and my head too.
    My silver-white dell laptop looks like a macbook only, except for the dell logo outside! Great work mate. Keep it up. Only exception I got:
    (i) The apple logo on the left side of the panel, as shown in your screenshots, is not coming up. Its still gnome foot logo.
    (ii) initial splash(except boot menu splash) is not coming.
    Once again, thanks.
    Bye.

Beans

Is your Usplash not showing up or the GTK (post login) splash?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by son of joy View Post
    I am impressed by the way infra-red has burnt my lappy and my head too.
    My silver-white dell laptop looks like a macbook only, except for the dell logo outside! Great work mate. Keep it up. Only exception I got:
    (i) The apple logo on the left side of the panel, as shown in your screenshots, is not coming up. Its still gnome foot logo.
    (ii) initial splash(except boot menu splash) is not coming.
    Once again, thanks.
    Bye.
    Thank you

1) Apple logo is not included due to copyright issues. For getting that icon look up a few posts above yours.

(But I'm sorry, I cannot help replace the Dell logo with an Apple one hehe... )

2) GTK Splash - goof up from my side. Forgot to include in the RC1 archive

Usplash - needs compilation as DJ Peng found out.

In any case, both your problems would be solved if you read through few posts in this and couple of pages back
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast