View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 911

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by olejon View Post
    Okay. Thanks for answering!

    I am using standard Clearlooks which I have customized (Appearance > Customize > Colors) using #BABABA for window, which is a grey color that matches the Emerald-theme and #3CAA5C for selected items, which is a green color matching the grass-wallpaper

    Actually I like my modified Clearlooks very much. Just the too-big-icons problem with a few icons, mainly help. The other icons that is too big is not so commonly used in GNOME

    EDIT: Just deleted all the help icons like the one that is too big on one of my screenshots (in apps and stock). Now it uses the blue one instead in some windows which is perfectly sized, but some windows just shows a "missing icon" icon. Anyway it looks better than the huge one gnome-help.png and gtk-help.png etc
    Hmmm.. instead of deleting the icons, you could've simply resized them yourself
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

    http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Beans
    21

    Smile Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Hey infra_red_dude!

    How things? Me been busy as crazy with work and being a father now.

    Hey came across your new thread here. I noticed in your Mac4Lin v1.0 RC release that the FF3 themes were older ones than the last ones I worked on. I'm sure I sent the newer versions... but hey no biggy. Its still the greated most complete theme for ubuntu out there. But I will have to send you through the last version I worked on v1.03. I just upgraded to Intrepid Ibex and seems to all work fine except some of the few bugs I was previously working on. But the scroll bars seem to work now.

    I shall email them through to you. Unfortunately things are still very busy. Especially work at the mo. About to install two new systems that I currently work on (DNA blood screening). 2 machine is already a full time Job! Jeez man... killing me. But if and when I do make more progress I shall send them through to ya!

    Later man!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Beans
    21

    Smile Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Huh! well loks like the new version of FF3.0.3 fixes some of my bugs (i thought v3.0.1 was a fix by mozilla).

    Also wanted to mention that I too see the engine error message for the theme on Intrepid. But the theme seems to work ok anyways. Just the icons again. The folder shortcuts on the Places menu have the default crappy icons, not the Mac4Lin icons. I noticed the appearance program icon is default as well. Why o why do they need to keep changing the icon naming conventions????? Drive me nuts!

    DrP.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    23

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    DrP: I can't get the FF themes to work. It says they are not compitable with FF 3.0.3, or that the install script can't be found... That the folders in the places menu has the default GNOME icons has nothing to do with Mac4Lin. It is like that in all themes... GNOME or Ubuntu bug?

    Infrared dude: Well yea, I think I tried that some days ago, but found out that then I had to create a new folder for them with it's own setting in index.theme and stuff. I'm too lazy for that right now. Will look into that later.
    Last edited by olejon; November 9th, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Beans
    1,036

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by olejon View Post
    Okay. Thanks for answering!

    I am using standard Clearlooks which I have customized (Appearance > Customize > Colors) using #BABABA for window, which is a grey color that matches the Emerald-theme and #3CAA5C for selected items, which is a green color matching the grass-wallpaper
    Thanks for the hex codes! The green for selected is a little bright for me, but that window color is perfect!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Hey came across your new thread here. I noticed in your Mac4Lin v1.0 RC release that the FF3 themes were older ones than the last ones I worked on. I'm sure I sent the newer versions... but hey no biggy. Its still the greated most complete theme for ubuntu out there. But I will have to send you through the last version I worked on v1.03. I just upgraded to Intrepid Ibex and seems to all work fine except some of the few bugs I was previously working on. But the scroll bars seem to work now.
    Congrats on your Dad-hood! I look forward to checking out your theme updates. I had bumped the themes to work with Firefox 3.x (which I sent to infra but I don't think he put out for testing yet) but I hadn't been able to do much else with them yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Huh! well loks like the new version of FF3.0.3 fixes some of my bugs (i thought v3.0.1 was a fix by mozilla).

    Also wanted to mention that I too see the engine error message for the theme on Intrepid. But the theme seems to work ok anyways. Just the icons again. The folder shortcuts on the Places menu have the default crappy icons, not the Mac4Lin icons. I noticed the appearance program icon is default as well. Why o why do they need to keep changing the icon naming conventions????? Drive me nuts!

    DrP.
    Mozilla has rolled out not just 3.01 but also 3.03. I see Fx 3.1 is in beta stage but I'm not one of their early testers anymore after some of the decisions the dev team made that left me using, but no longer loving, the 'fox.

    I've put together a rough GTK theme using the controls from Unity but everything else from Mac4Lin. I'm trying to decide if I want to take the time to resize the offending icons and try to get the controls working properly. It looks like theme devs are always changing things that bork third-party themes. Mozilla does it all the time and I've seen several Firefox themers who have decided to just not update their themes anymore. Some of them lost hair when the devs made changes to the theme structure late in the dev cycle that generated bugs that they said wouldn't even be fixed until Firefox 3 came out. The devs' response to the new bugs? "We've got too many other things to deal with. You'll just have to wait for Firefox 3.0.1 (or so) for us to fix them." (paraphrased)
    Last edited by DJ_Peng; November 9th, 2008 at 01:28 PM.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Hey infra_red_dude!

    How things? Me been busy as crazy with work and being a father now.

    Hey came across your new thread here. I noticed in your Mac4Lin v1.0 RC release that the FF3 themes were older ones than the last ones I worked on. I'm sure I sent the newer versions... but hey no biggy. Its still the greated most complete theme for ubuntu out there. But I will have to send you through the last version I worked on v1.03. I just upgraded to Intrepid Ibex and seems to all work fine except some of the few bugs I was previously working on. But the scroll bars seem to work now.

    I shall email them through to you. Unfortunately things are still very busy. Especially work at the mo. About to install two new systems that I currently work on (DNA blood screening). 2 machine is already a full time Job! Jeez man... killing me. But if and when I do make more progress I shall send them through to ya!

    Later man!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Huh! well loks like the new version of FF3.0.3 fixes some of my bugs (i thought v3.0.1 was a fix by mozilla).

    Also wanted to mention that I too see the engine error message for the theme on Intrepid. But the theme seems to work ok anyways. Just the icons again. The folder shortcuts on the Places menu have the default crappy icons, not the Mac4Lin icons. I noticed the appearance program icon is default as well. Why o why do they need to keep changing the icon naming conventions????? Drive me nuts!

    DrP.
    Hey Dr.P!! Welcome back! Where had you been??? Hardin was looking into the Mozilla themes. We missed you!

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Thanks for the hex codes! The green for selected is a little bright for me, but that window color is perfect!


    Congrats on your Dad-hood! I look forward to checking out your theme updates. I had bumped the themes to work with Firefox 3.x (which I sent to infra but I don't think he put out for testing yet) but I hadn't been able to do much else with them yet.


    Mozilla has rolled out not just 3.01 but also 3.03. I see Fx 3.1 is in beta stage but I'm not one of their early testers anymore after some of the decisions the dev team made that left me using, but no longer loving, the 'fox.

    I've put together a rough GTK theme using the controls from Unity but everything else from Mac4Lin. I'm trying to decide if I want to take the time to resize the offending icons and try to get the controls working properly. It looks like theme devs are always changing things that bork third-party themes. Mozilla does it all the time and I've seen several Firefox themers who have decided to just not update their themes anymore. Some of them lost hair when the devs made changes to the theme structure late in the dev cycle that generated bugs that they said wouldn't even be fixed until Firefox 3 came out. The devs' response to the new bugs? "We've got too many other things to deal with. You'll just have to wait for Firefox 3.0.1 (or so) for us to fix them." (paraphrased)
    Yep.. Our trusty old Hardin is handling multiple work!

    One frustrating thing is that the devs change the semantics without any reason. I mean, I've dealt with so many changes in GNOME with every release that I'm kind of frustrated now. For no reason I haf to do double the work to support 2 versions of GNOME. And if I wish to make the icon theme universal then I guess it will be no less than 100mb in size! Names change, paths change everything changes for no good reason.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

    http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Beans
    21

    Smile Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    OIC. Cool, cool.

    Well here were the last version FF3 themes I was working on. v1.0.3

    http://www.4shared.com/file/70465295/da1c5740/103.html


    Very clean now (on my system at least) however the vert & horiz scrollbar backgrounds not shaded to give a true concaved depth like your theme. That was where I was up to.

    Probably no need for them now has Hardin is now looking at the FF3 theming. No biggy. I just wanted to contribute to this awesome theme!

    If anybody know hows to apply a background image and stretch it that would be great! I think I could apply an image but not stretch it to the length of the scrollbar determined by the window width and height.

    Cheers to all!

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Thanks a lot Dr.P. Your contribution is much appreciated. I hope together we are able to fix the themes and include it in the final Mac4Lin package.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

    http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Beans
    1,036

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Thanks, DrP. I have the files now and will take a look at them to see what's what.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Beans
    13

    Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

    Hey, great work on the RC 1! I really like the whole OS X look. A quick - I hope - question. I've got the wireless network icon from Mac4Lin 0.2 and I want to replace the network manager tray icon with it. I've tried even replacing the default gnome icons but it doesn't change. Could anyone tell me how to do this? I'm using Intrepid. Thanks!

Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •