Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support for LG Blu-Ray Disc Burner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Support for LG Blu-Ray Disc Burner

Interesting discussion; puts the cap on my thoughts about buying a 'burner.
    Here's a thought - my new TV came with a USB port and has the ability to show original files, including HD, of quite a few formats.
    A 16 or 32 G pen drive will enable Linux users to produce and use HD video and show the original rendering on a pen drive plugged into the TV.
    No need for a burner, or a player for that matter.
    If you really wanted to blow Blu-Ray home movies away, a 500G WD USB-powered drive will set you back about £40($60), and will store a lot of HD Video.
    Of course, none of this gives you commercial movies, but I don't particularly want to be locked into proprietary technology standards. As somebody already implied, most of the produce on discs isn't that great, and I do Linux partly to see how little I can spend compared to my relatives.

Beans

Question Re: Support for LG Blu-Ray Disc Burner

Does anyone know if this drive is supported on eSATA as well as USB?

Beans

Re: Support for LG Blu-Ray Disc Burner

In the US, the Supremes have said it is legal for us to make copies in our own home for our own use -- remember the videotape fiasco with Ho$$ywood taking the ****-end opinion? If I know how, I would break the hdcp thing so we could make the at home duplicates; not to MENTION putting our (now ubiquitous) hd camcorder stuff onto blu-ray discs. Hollywood really stuck it to us this time. I don't know how to vote with my dollars to tell *them* to go stick it.
    Grrrr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12