Thread: Window list for current viewport

Beans

Window list for current viewport

Does anyone know a command I can use to get a list of windows that are specific to my current viewport? I know about wmctrl -l, but that gives a list of all windows handled by the window manager, not simply those on the current viewport.

I'm running Compiz. By viewport, I mean one side of the cube. I'm not referring to multiple desktops; I have one desktop, with four viewports. I'd like to get a list of the open windows just for the viewport that is visible at a given time.

Any help?

Beans

Re: Window list for current viewport

Quote Originally Posted by Greg T. View Post
    Does anyone know a command I can use to get a list of windows that are specific to my current viewport? I know about wmctrl -l, but that gives a list of all windows handled by the window manager, not simply those on the current viewport.

I'm running Compiz. By viewport, I mean one side of the cube. I'm not referring to multiple desktops; I have one desktop, with four viewports. I'd like to get a list of the open windows just for the viewport that is visible at a given time.

Any help?
    I don't know the command, but would love to, but you can use the scale plugin in compiz fusion to view all the windows on the current workspace.

I don't know if this is helpful for you.