Thread: [SOLVED] FCE Ultra NES Emulator Troubles

Beans

[SOLVED] FCE Ultra NES Emulator Troubles

I uploaded FCE Ultra NES Emulator from the Synaptic Package Manager and am having trouble with the gamepad buttons. Once I click GamePad #1 (or 2, 3, 4 for that matter) the window reverts to nothing where all I can see is the title bar at the top that says "GamePad #1: A (2)" Fromthis there, I don't have any option but to minimize or close the window. And when I click minimize, it won't close. I tried xkill and it won't even select the window.

I restarted the computer and the same thing happens again. I have no problem getting the games running and using the keyboard but I need these GamePad buttons to work to use my USB Controller.

Can anyone help?

Beans

Re: FCE Ultra NES Emulator Troubles

That through me off at first too, just hit the button that its asking for and it will cycle through all of them until you have all the controls are mapped.

Beans

Woah, that is weird. Thought I had a broken emulator or something but I see what you are saying. Another quick question then... I click the button after it asks me for A (1) then it goes to A (2), (3), (4)... why is it asking me for soo many A buttons? Weren't there only A+B on the original nintendo controller? Or are those numbers for player 2, 3, etc.?

Beans

Smile Re: FCE Ultra NES Emulator Troubles

When you see that window you are supposed to press a button on the joypad. Also, I would suggest using Mednafen instead of FCEU because the latter is not seeing much development and Mednafen is pretty much the same with the exception it can emulate more systems as well and has a few more options. It uses that exact some meathods to do everything so there really isn't anything to new to learn

if you insist on using FCEU, I created a gui frount end a long time ago but I'm not sure if it will still work, but it won't hurt to try:
    http://www.oshkoshgeek.com/~yasuo/?page_id=12

I apologise for my shameless plug

Beans

if you hit the same button twice it shouldn't ask again, I think it does that so you can map to multiple buttons on your gamepad.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tweakedenigma View Post
    if you hit the same button twice it shouldn't ask again, I think it does that so you can map to multiple buttons on your gamepad.
    that is correct.

Beans

Thanks for the information Tweak... that would have drove me crazy lol.

And Faolan I will check out Mednafen... always looking to improve my software. Thanks.