Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the Beginners Team

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Post Joining the Beginners Team

First, thank you for your interest in the Beginners Team. Although the focus in on new users, the team is a resource for all members of the Ubuntu Forums and greater Ubuntu Community.

Joining the team is a nice way to deepen your involvement with the Ubuntu Community. Active participants should be willing to dedicate 5-10 hours / week to the team and our various activities. We are a community within Ubuntu dedicated to assisting new users transition to Ubuntu.

Before asking to join the team please ensure the following:

• History with the Ubuntu forums. If you are new to the forums and would like to help start by familiarizing yourself with the layout of the forums and how to navigate them, search for information, use [code] and [quote] tags, etc.
    • Please review the Ubuntu code of conduct. Respect, give it, get it, got it ?

Additional information about the Beginner Team can be found atUbuntu Wiki ~ Beginner Team Page and at Ubuntu Wiki Beginner Team Padawan Focus Group

The Membership Process:
    The process of becoming a member is meant to be simple.

1. Step One -- Let us know you are interested
      • Post in this thread
      • Come hang out with us in the #ubuntu-beginners channel on freenode
      • Use the force and find Master Yoda or any other Master you can find

2. Step Two -- Let us know you are serious
      • Develop a 'body' of work in the Ubuntu Forums by helping other users
      • Ask your Master to schedule your test (or ask Bodhi_Zazen directly if you want to take the dark path)

3. Take your test
    4. Ask your Master to nominate you for membership so you can be vote on at the next meeting

The Padawan Focus Group:
    The purpose of the Padawan focus group is:

• Prospective Members (Padawan):
    • to welcome potential new members to the Ubuntu Forums Beginners Team
    • to help prospective members become familiar with the Ubuntu forums
    • to ensure prospective members have a wide array of 'resources' for answering questions
    • to assist prospective members setup their wiki and launchpad pages
    • assist in the Padawan's preparation for their entrance test

Some Helpful Tips For Prospective Members:

• irc is currently the best method to become involved with the beginner team. The channel is somewhat informal and a place to feel more connected with the Ubuntu community. Knowing/learning irc has become essential to team members.
    • Skill and Knowledge alone do not make a Jedi. Personality and Character will play a far greater role.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    version 3 - last updated 6-6-2009
    Last edited by cprofitt; June 7th, 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Beans

Re: Joining the Beginners Team

hi Im Heroid Shehu from Kosova and I want to join the begginer team because Im a begginer or a Newbie for ubuntu so i want to know Ubuntu better.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi heroidi - the beginners team are a community within Ubuntu dedicated to assisting new users, like you, make the transition to Ubuntu.

Feel free to post threads in the main forum where there are many people who will be able to help you with any problems you might have

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326
    http://ubuntuforums.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

This is a repost from this Thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=385084&page=14

Hello everyone, just thought I would introduce myself.

I first experienced linux with Dapper Drake. I was interested in trying it for some time, but never bothered installing it. Then finally, I decided to jump in and dual boot it on my Windows box. I found myself steadily leaving WinXP behind. I got to the point that I was only using it for gaming and nothing else. I had migrated my daily computer usage like browsing, email, multimedia, etc to Ubuntu.

Right now I am currently using Hardy and don't plan on switching to Intrepid just yet. I have my box set up just fine for my liking. I even have my son using Hardy with the Edubuntu add-on package.

I am also an active member of the New York State LoCo Team.

I am here because I feel that one of the major reasons I got through my early experience with Ubuntu were the support I received in the forums. That is especially true of the people who "patrolled" the Absolute Beginners forum. Now that I have some experience under my belt, I want to give back to the community that has passed knowledge onto me.

I look forward to helping the community.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm interested in joining the team. I've been using Ubuntu since shortly after Warty was released. I'm currently using Intrepid 64-bit. I'm working with a local Linux group, and I'm trying to set up information sessions to talk to interested members of the community about Ubuntu.
    Joel Goguen

Beans

Talking Re: Joining the Beginners Team

hi,Im a newcomer for the linux and ubuntu,of course Im serious,I will never forget the day when I read the famous saying of Federico Mayor,I will settle my own goal and go to great lengths to achieve it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Id like to join the team

Im a reasonably experienced linux user from Brisbane Australia... well experienced enough to stumble through developing linux images for university labs I work for a large university that runs 62 labs, a large portion being dual boot linux/windows labs currently all running Ubuntu/xp.

I also end up doing desktop linux support for a reasonably large group of users too. Im happy to help anyone that I can, I tend to do alot of it at work.

Only recently joined the forums, but hung out in the IRC channels long before that.

Beans

Hello,

I am very green at this. I would like to join so that I can learn more about the system I am using. I like to feel empowered. I also enjoy learning as well as helping others. If it sounds like I am a gurl Scout that because I used to be one all the way until 11 grade. Man that was a while ago and a couple of pants sizes down.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlands View Post
    Hello,

I am very green at this. I would like to join so that I can learn more about the system I am using. I like to feel empowered. I also enjoy learning as well as helping others. If it sounds like I am a gurl Scout that because I used to be one all the way until 11 grade. Man that was a while ago and a couple of pants sizes down.
    Welcome, come on by the irc and have some fun
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

Beans
    Hidden!

I wish to join.

I've been using Ubuntu for over a year, and Debian before that for I-don't-know how long, so I am reasonably familiar with the system and its workings.

Unfortunately I'm not much good with hardware/drivers, since Ubuntu Just Worked with all the hardware I require to function.

I'm also a decent programmer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast