Thread: Videos running slow in the fullscreen mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Videos running slow in the fullscreen mode

Hi!

I have a problem : all the video files, no matter their type, size or the player used, are running slowly in the fullscreen mode. Also, I experience the problem with full screen flash video files.

I can only watch a video if the player screen is small sized. I don't understand why since the video card (ati xpress x1150) is properly installed with the 3D acceleration running well in games. Before installing the ati proprietary driver I was able to watch fullscreen movies with mesa drivers.

Also miro is not working properly - I can download movies with it but I can't play them.

My Operating System: Hardy Heron for amd64. The computer : a Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop with dual core processor Amd Turion 1.6GHz 64 b and 2 G Ram.

So far I tried to reinstall the players (totem and vlc mainly) with no results.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Peter

Beans

Red face Re: Videos running slow in the fullscreen mode

Having the same problem on my Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD Turion 64 MK-36, video Ati Radeon x1150 256 MB shared on either 32 bit or 64 bit version of Ubuntu. I have even installed the latest ati catalyst driver update (9.1) wich appearead 1 week ago on the official site and the problem persists. Please try to fix this bug, it's the only one Ubuntu has on Dell 1501 and it's very disturbing.

Beans

Re: Videos running slow in the fullscreen mode

i am having the same problem and have the same specs as the first poster.

can any one point me in the right direction?

Beans

I'm having the same problem, and it's totally frustrating!

Beans

A few things that you guys might try...

- install the 9.2 catalyst driver update
    - for vlc, maybe try changing the video output module in the options
    - just use the open source driver?

Also FYI, starting from the release of catalyst driver ver. 9.4 (next month), support for cards older than the HD 2000 series will be dropped.