Thread: nautilus script to dpkg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus
    Hello, this is my first nautilus script, and my first howto, if somebody now how to improve it let me know.

So just download the attached file, decompress it in ./gnome2/nautilus-scripts/ and make it executable .

And you will have a new script called dpkg.

Right on a something.deb file, scripts, dpkg, it will open a terminal, ask for password, and dpkg the file.
    One thing I want to improve, but don't know how to :
    Make the terminal persistent if the installation process failed.

edith: ok, I don't use no more gnome-terminal, because I don't know how to keep it open when the command is fnish, so i usr xterm with -hold argument, so now, the xterm stay open, when the command is finish, so you can so errors, or success.
    I've updated the attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pomalin; November 23rd, 2005 at 01:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: nautilus script to dpkg

I've uploaded the new version of my nautilus script, modified by anbreizh (thanks to him) from the french ubuntu forum.
    Now with this script you can install the .deb and the .rpm.
    Follow the instructions of the first post

Beans

Very nice simple script, but this is one thing that is almost just as easy to type dpkg -i whatever.deb or alien -i whatever.rpm

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by linkunderscore
    Very nice simple script, but this is one thing that is almost just as easy to type dpkg -i whatever.deb or alien -i whatever.rpm
    I agree that dropping to a terminal to type it out is pretty simple, but I don't know how many times I've double clicked a .deb without thinking, and expected it to install. This is handy, thanks!