Thread: Talk about madness ...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talk about madness ...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=913492

My thread here.

Reason for lock -> The mod said that "This is a tech support forum. There are plenty of better places for those of you less interested in that aspect of things to discuss politics and religion."

Well NO actually. Its for "OMG PuRpLe pOnIeS is for discussions about ponies, the color purple, politics and other random off-topic banter that doesn't belong anyplace else"

He then suggested that it was flamebait.

No, its not. I am genuinely annoyed by the behaviour and I want a discussion about it, I want peoples opinions and I want to know if it is like this anywhere else in the world.

This is really getting to be a joke Mike. This thread was clearly locked because the mod didn't like the subject, plainly and simply.

How can it be not appropriate for the forums ? There are threads with people talking about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING there.

And its most certainly not flamebait. Its facts I have experienced.

Mike the modding has to be looked at. Honestly you have to admit it yourself it is getting ridiculous the way some mods are acting. There are so many people that agree with me on this.

Please reopen my thread. I think I got an infraction or something too.

Beans

Re: Talk about madness ...

I will look at this when I get back from hospital
    It will be a few hours though
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Alright Mike I know your busy and thanks for your time.

But really Mike. Theres got to be something done. Is this the Ubuntu Christian forums or the Ubuntu forums ?

Its just one example of threads that are purposely attacked by mods simply because they don't personally like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

And one more thing Mike.

I'm after getting a really intelligent and well thought out response to my thread by email because my thread has been locked.

The Ubuntu community has to have 'underground' discussions because of the behaviour of some mods ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans

This is Ubuntu Forums primarily . Ubuntu is an Operating system.

The thread in question was closed appropriately. There is many forums out there in the WWW where these topics can be discussed.

This forum is the support forum for Ubuntu , members should feel safe to visit here and not be subjected to threads that can cause upset and threaten just because they visit here for support with their OS

They can avoid the other type of forum .

So the thread will remain closed

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    This is Ubuntu Forums primarily . Ubuntu is an Operating system.

The thread in question was closed appropriately. There is many forums out there in the WWW where these topics can be discussed.
    Mike thats an absolute rubbish response and you know it.

Why is my thread and certain other threads been singled out in this fashion ?

Are you seriously suggesting that my thread is 'too' off-topic for the off-topic forum ?

Let me just list a few of the current threads in there.

- just seen these "people" on a British daytime show <-- Talking about christian nuts who run hate websites.

- Bill Gates mug shot <-- doesn't need an explanation

- Alaska to secede from the US <-- uh huh

- Homer Simpson quote of the day <-- very ubuntu orientated

Then you have the two threads currently running around about the creationism/evolution debate.

And your seriously telling me that my thread is off-topic while these threads are on topic ?

This forum is the support forum for Ubuntu , members should feel safe to visit here and not be subjected to threads that can cause upset and threaten just because they visit here for support with their OS
    safe ? what in the world was dangerous about my thread ? I actually got a very intelligent response emailed to me by a member who wanted to reply but couldn't because it was locked.

How is my thread dangerous and/or offensive ?

They can avoid the other type of forum .
    Yeah because people looking for tech support on ubuntuforums will automatically go to the off-topic section because thats the obvious location to fix their alsa audio issues yeah ?

So the thread will remain closed
    So give me a real explanation.

I was under the impression that as a member here that I have some rights yet there are a LOT of posters who post regularly in the off-topic section who are the same opinion that any thread that the mods don't personally like is shut down.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by clash View Post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=913492

My thread here.

Reason for lock -> The mod said that "This is a tech support forum. There are plenty of better places for those of you less interested in that aspect of things to discuss politics and religion."

No ...the stated reason is " Thread closed as flamebait."

The Backyard AKA purple ponies is a general discusion area.It is not an area without rules.
    The Forum Code of Conduct applies as stated in this "stickied" thread... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=692320

You may have a valid point or you may not. The manner in which you posted this did not meet the Forum rules for posting. That is why the moderator has acted . And on review the decision to close the thread is up held.