Thread: No backlit keyboard with pommed 1.21 on mkbk pro 4.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No backlit keyboard with pommed 1.21 on mkbk pro 4.1

hey guys im running ubuntu 8.04 and have got everything working great with the exception of the keyboards backlight. both turning it on manually and the ambient sensor arent working.

like i said ive got ubuntu 8.04 and pommed 1.21. everything works except the backlight. Please help!
    Ubuntu user #26034

Beans

Re: No backlit keyboard with pommed 1.21 on mkbk pro 4.1

Apart from enabling/configuring keyboard backlighting in /etc/pommed.conf, you must also load the "applesmc" module. There is a problem, though, with this module producing an unending stream of error or debugging messages, filling up the system logs... This problem even persists in the module for the 2.6.26 kernel, reason why I have decided not to use it for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: No backlit keyboard with pommed 1.21 on mkbk pro 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by hajk View Post
    Apart from enabling/configuring keyboard backlighting in /etc/pommed.conf, you must also load the "applesmc" module. There is a problem, though, with this module producing an unending stream of error or debugging messages, filling up the system logs... This problem even persists in the module for the 2.6.26 kernel, reason why I have decided not to use it for now.

alright so theres no way t fix that?

Also, are there any problems with the other fn keys (i.e. excessive eror loging, debugging, etc...) that i should know about or fix?
    Ubuntu user #26034