Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Best KDE Distribution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Best KDE Distribution

Chakra: It is Arch Linux with KDEmod and had a graphical install. Everything is set up for a ready desktop. http://kdemod.ath.cx/

Beans

i tried with suse 11.0 with KDE. but i could not find that much good. so i came back to use kubuntu in one system.
    where there is a will there is a way.LOOSUPAYA twitterFollow me

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I really like openSUSE and I do want to use it but the package management just sucks. It's nothing compared to the one used is (K)Ubuntu. Most of the time it works fine but once in a while, when I try to install something, it start bitching about dependencies. Never have this problem with Kubuntu. That's the reason why I'm keep coming back to Kubuntu. I might try chakra though, see how that works.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gjoellee View Post
    Chakra: It is Arch Linux with KDEmod and had a graphical install. Everything is set up for a ready desktop. http://kdemod.ath.cx/
    +1, although it's still Alpha so beware (the KDEmod packages and the Arch it uses are perfectly stable, just the installer and the live cd stuff is Alpha). Arch is awesome, and Chakra makes it easy for people new to Linux to try it.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819