Thread: XFCE- using two panels on same edge of the screen

Beans

XFCE- using two panels on same edge of the screen

I want to have my XFCE panels set up the same way I have my KDE panels, with a bigger panel on the bottom and a smaller panel on top. Is this possible in XFCE?
    Picture (click for bigger size):

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: XFCE- using two panels on same edge of the screen

As far as I remember if you go into settings manager --> Panel Manager, you should be able to set a hieght for each panel.

Beans

When I do that, the panels appear over each other, so I can't see the smaller one because the bigger panel covers it up.

Beans
    Distro

I'm sorry if it sounds daft but when you said panels I take that you mean the default top and bottom panels. If this is so and you have moved one to the other side of the screen, then would it not work if you reset the positions, set the hieghts and then moved the second panel to the desired position? As I say I may not understand the problem correctlly,and if so please describe the problem in a little more detail.

Beans

I want both of the panels to be on the bottom of the screen, with one next to the other as in the picture. I'm not sure this is possible in Xfce, but neither KDE4 nor GNOME have the command box.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Got it, I think. Add your second panel. Then customize the settings to your size preferences. Select "Freely Moveable" in the Panel Manager. Add what you like to the panel, and move it where you want. I just ran a rough test on my system and it seems to work. However, maximized applications appear to maximize under the moveable panel. Good luck!
    Spiralinear: Humanity & Machines
    RUNNING: Fedora | FreeBSD | Windows 7