Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: moderating quotas ?

Beans

Re: moderating quotas ?

Not forgotten

I have been very busy here and in my life out of here. I also am about to go to hospital , in a hour or so where I find out if I have also developed a secondary condition.

I will get to this when I can
    This account is not active.

Beans

Your suggestion of a further "adult" section is out of the question. This is the official support forum for Ubuntu. The standards reflect that of the owners of this Forum.

There are already many social comment forums on the www for the purposes you are suggesting.

This is a moderated forum and staff will moderate according to the brief they have been given.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Your suggestion of a further "adult" section is out of the question. This is the official support forum for Ubuntu. The standards reflect that of the owners of this Forum.

There are already many social comment forums on the www for the purposes you are suggesting.

This is a moderated forum and staff will moderate according to the brief they have been given.
    My idea was a suggestion to a problem you haven't addressed.

There are many forums etc for topic discussions. I just so happen to enjoy talking about them here in the ubuntu forums off-topic section because, strangely enough, thats what folk seem to think it is. An off-topic section.

There is a problem with moderation here on the forums and it is getting worse and its quite a few people who believe this strongly.

I ask you, is this the Ubuntu support forums with an off-topic section for general fun and intelligent discussion about random topics or is it the Christian ubuntu forums where every topic is ok except for criticism of a certain religion ?

Beans

Threads get closed , not by the actions of staff , but by the actions of posters in the thread.
    If the rules are followed threads will not get reported and action need not happen.

Is there moderating quotas? No

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Threads get closed , not by the actions of staff , but by the actions of posters in the thread.
    If the rules are followed threads will not get reported and action need not happen.

Is there moderating quotas? No
    So your ignoring the problem ?

Disappointed in you Mike.

I won't bother talking about this again.

Beans

Disagreeing with you is a seperate issue to ignoring you

I have assessed your requests here and do not agree with them

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have assessed your requests here and do not agree with them
    I made a request which you disagree with. Fair enough.

I made a point which you are ignoring. i.e > The modding is biased and is an unfair system.

My post was not flamebait anymore then 90% of the threads in the off-topic section.

The problem with my thread was that it hit a personal note with the mods.

If you read my post you will see that I purposely try and request intelligent discussion and I don't go about insulting anyone.

What I posted there are facts which occurred to me lately, its something which really hits a note with me and I wanted some discussion on the subject.

You've seen my posts before, I haven't flamebaited anyone, I haven't insulted anyone and I haven't ever got an infraction or warning before.

What I said in my post was that many people of a particular religious section of one particular religion are acting in a way which I find extremely disagreeable and I want to know A) other peoples opinions and B) do they do this everywhere or just here (Asia).

I did not insult the religion, I did not insult all members of the religion and i didn't even insult all members of the particular 'Way' of following that religion.

In fact I didn't insult anyone, I said I find their behaviour disgusting.

There was another thread here not that long ago about China persecuting Buddhists in Tibet, that thread was left alone. Why ?

There was another thread about the Phelps family (godhates*.com) and it was left alone. Why ?

There are constantly threads about Israel vs Palestine, Bush, Iraq etc etc yet I post a thread which is talking about SOME christian evangelists and it gets shut down.

The only reason I can possibly see for it being shut down is the fact i'm saying some christians are like this and its influence is mostly from American churches.

i.e > Speak not of America or Christians unless you are prasing them. Is that in the COC now ?

Mike it is NOT just me saying this, there are a LOT of us. I have gotten emails about it, private messages about it.

There is a problem and it needs to be addressed.

Please look at my thread again.

Beans

OK ,I will revisit your points and review your thread again.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

OK ,I will revisit your points and review your thread again.
    Just a quick question Mike.

As I said, a lot of people have been emailing and messaging me about this issue. Someone has just suggested I should repost my thread but take out references to 'Catholics' and 'christians' and 'America'. I'm not going to do this btw just telling you it was suggested to me.

Now personally I am being 100% honest with you, I do NOT know what I did wrong, what part of my thread is wrong or what part of it I should change to make it ok.

I've been told its flamebait which is as vague as you can get because I and many other people clearly do not agree.

Are you saying the thread is closed because of future possible replies which could be offensive ? If so why did I get an infraction and then why not open with a warning that X and Y language/reference will not be tolerated ?

Thanks again.

Beans

In this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=913492 you may well have valid points. I don't know as I have not had the privilege to visit Korea.

Its not what you are saying , you have , like all others the right to hold the opinion you have. It is in the way in which you are delivering it.

In fact one could say you are delivering your beliefs here in the same vane as you are objecting to in the quoted thread.

There are much better ways in which you could word your posts that still deliver what you feel with out the confrontation and the subsequent breach of the Forum Code of conduct

To that end ,while I review your threads , I challenge you to review them in someone else's eyes. see ways in which you could reword them to make them more acceptable

e.g your post number four in the above thread you said this ...

"You don't think its disgusting that some guy is walking around the streets telling me if they follow buddhism they are going to hell ?

Thats not the way decent human beings act."

A better way would be ...Do you not agree that the person addressing public in the streets should use a more polite and balanced way to deliver their message. As the way they are currently doing this is incorrect behavior in public in a multi ethnic society...

This is non aggressive and is unlikely to offend .

Do you see where I am coming from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast