Thread: VirtualBox ethernet/wireless

Beans

VirtualBox ethernet/wireless

Morning!

Hope everyone is doing well today. I am a converted Ubuntu user. I would like to use Linux at my job (Without Corporate knowing) just to get a better hands on of linux and familirize myself with the many feature that it can come across in a work environment versus just everyday home use.

My problem is as follow:

I have two networks at my job. One is the corporate T1 line and the second is a DSL network that is used for the camera system. I use this network sometimes when I want to surf the net without restrictions (i.e lifehacker, hackosis, etc.)

I have virtual Box installed that I run Windows XP for those windows specific programs etc. I would like to use the eh0 for my corporate line (192.168.8.XXX) for Virtual Box and use my wireless for the second network (192.168.1.xxx)for ubuntu without ubuntu also using the eth0 for network access.

Is this possible? Sounds like a lot of configurations but thats why way I learn about linux!! Sorry is grammar is off or mis spelled words I got called in today to work at 4am.

Run down:

Running Ubuntu with Virtual Box
    Want Eth0 to be used for Virtual Box without is runnung on Ubuntu
    Want wlan0 for Ubuntu without running on Virtual Box

Beans

Re: VirtualBox ethernet/wireless

::Love Bump::

Beans

Re: VirtualBox ethernet/wireless

its possible.. all you would need to do is set your interfaces in bridged mode and your on.. just the usual procedures for connecting to a network..