Thread: firefox 3 sucks

Beans

firefox 3 sucks

recently ive found that when i load some page my cpu usage gets to 97%, the same thing is with epiphany, but when i tried that with firefox 2 i didnt see that problem. i really want to come back to firefox 2 of many reasons, but the problem is that theres no gstreamer plugin for firefox 2, it says that i require plugin, but it cant find it and that plugin is installed and works with firefox 3. how can i fix this?
    World multi billionaire man Mr. William Harry Gates (Bill Gates). Yes, I know that Bill Gates rocks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: firefox 3 sucks

I ended up completely uninstalling firefox 3 and going back to firefox 2.x. All of the plugins I like aren't available in 3 yet.

Here is what I did:
    1. remove firefox (e.g., sudo apt-get remove firefox)
    2. remove all plugins that you have installed
    3. install firefox 2 (e.g., sudo apt-get install firefox-2)
    4. reinstall the plugins

I know gstreamer works because I have it installed.
    Code:
    $ dpkg -l *gstream* | grep ii
    ii  gstreamer0.10-alsa                         0.10.18-3                                                  GStreamer plugin for ALSA
    ii  gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs                     0.10.18-3                                                  GStreamer plugin for GnomeVFS
    ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad                  0.10.6-5                                                   GStreamer plugins from the "bad" set
    ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base                 0.10.18-3                                                  GStreamer plugins from the "base" set
    ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-good                 0.10.7-3ubuntu0.1                                          GStreamer plugins from the "good" set
    ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly                 0.10.7-3ubuntu1                                            GStreamer plugins from the "ugly" set
    ii  gstreamer0.10-x                            0.10.18-3                                                  GStreamer plugins for X11 and Pango
    ii  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0            0.10.18-3                                                  GStreamer libraries from the "base" set
    ii  libgstreamer0.10-0                         0.10.18-4ubuntu1                                           Core GStreamer libraries and elements
    ii  phonon-backend-gstreamer                   4:4.2.0-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa1                               Phonon GStreamer 0.10.x backend
    P5W-DH, E6750, Patriot Viper 4x2GB 1066, Seasonic M12 500w
    Creative Audigy, EVGA GTX 460, HP 2509m
    Kubuntu 12.04 64-bit (KDE 4.8.1)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: firefox 3 sucks

Just as a question ... did you try swiftfox? I had the same issue with ff3 .. i removed it and went to swiftfox and no longer have that problem.