Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opus3 theme gnome porting?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: opus3 theme gnome porting?

I'm going to work on it a little more ...maybe give it a better border. In the current version the entire_background and border is metacity, but the buttons and titlebar are pixmap. If I make the titlebar transparent only leaving the blue, the main titlebar image tiles all the way through the right side of the titlbar, and I don't know how or if I can stop it at the right side image. You'd think it would by default. Then you could use any color gtk theme.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

An inactive or unfocused titlebar would be great with this too, and it's not that hard to setup. I modified it on my own so it's olive green (matches my theme) and has an inactive titlebar. I'll include it in this post. I renamed it to Opus3-Olive so not to confuse with yours, as mine is green.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

BTW, nice work. Look forward to seeing the finished product

Beans
    Distro

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31549
    Everything except the main/colored part of the titlebar is pure metacity now!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dude2425
    An inactive or unfocused titlebar would be great with this too, and it's not that hard to setup.
    Done! Enjoy!
    http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31549

Beans
    Distro

Sweat! I'm lovin' it!

Creapy though. I was playing around with clearbox just yesterday (about 9 at night IIRC) and was just about to login and suggest using clearbox's buttons. I decided instead to go to bed and post the next day, which would be today, and now posting the suggestion would be quite redundant. I even had a little hack-up of it working, kinda. It's kind of amazing how people can just think of something and somebody else already knows what it is. I guess I don't need the little hack-up anymore.

Same thing happend yesterday (kinda)
    I sent my mom a list of all the Black Friday sales, just a half hour before her freind sent her an email asking for the info on black friday (or black thursday if your as blonde as her friend)
    I'm waiting for a third experience to actually say it's anything more than a coincidental coincidence.

Beans
    Distro

The Clearbox buttons was the plan from the beginning. I also thought about Clearbutt buttons
    http://gnome-look.org/content/pre1/26914-1.png
    but decided Clearbox buttons looks better.

I'm pretty much done theming, but I saw this request and thought..."I've always wanted to do a more 'pure'/gtk color metacity with images like Bluecurve". Took me all day yesterday to figure it out but it felt good to theme again and do something I've never done.

Beans
    Distro

I'm glad you decided against that butt one lol. Clearbox looks a whole lot more fun than that other one.

Beans

is anyone getting a line accross the bottom of the inactive titlebar on the default version w/o an titlebar image?

Beans

nicely done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast