Thread: Mp3 player

Beans

Mp3 player

I've spent the last two hours browsing around the forums reading about mp3 players, but I think I need to make my own thread to try and get some definitive answers.

I'm looking for an mp3 player that:

Is light and suitable for running with.
    Has drag and drop compatibility with Ubuntu.
    Can play .ogg files (Not absolutely necessary, but a definite bonus).
    Under £40 for a 2GB player.

I don't need a colour screen, video playback or any other fancy feature, just something to play music.

Been looking mainly at the SanDisk Sansa Clip and a Samsung YP-P2Samsung YP-U3JQB, but the Sansa doesn't support oggs and is apparently much heavier, whilst I'm not sure if the Samsung has drag/drop support.

Any and all help appreciated

Last edited by FrenchyFungus; August 31st, 2008 at 05:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mp3 player

You may be able to find an old sansa e200. if its the v1 you can load rockbox onto it and play .ogg files.

Beans

Re: Mp3 player

The cowon d2 is a great player, with fm radio and DAB, and rockbox is close to be working on it. A potent amplifier gives good sound, and has drag and drop and with many codecs working. It is more expensive, though. I just go one from ebay for 85 euro. But the memory is expandable because it has a SD card slot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Arrow Re: Mp3 player

The Sansa Clip seems perfect for this. And with the latest firmware updates, it does have ogg support. It is small and I never found it heavy during running.