Thread: Wireless connection not working after re-boot

Beans

Exclamation Wireless connection not working after re-boot

Greetings all,

I'm having issues with my Network settings, My wireless card and internet access is working after it's configured manually, But it's not connecting automatically after I reboot the system and I need to re-enter my share-secret key each time to access the internet.

It's the first time I'm using ubuntu, anything I'm doing wrong here?

Cheers

DC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Wireless connection not working after re-boot

Doesn't it work in roaming mode? If you use Network Manager to store the connection data, it should connect automaitically.

Beans

I did try the roaming mode no success. I also stored my Wireless settings in the Network settings. One thing I noticed is the wireless is on eth1 and not on wlan0. but this shouldn't make any difference.

DC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by heyadc123 View Post
    I did try the roaming mode no success. I also stored my Wireless settings in the Network settings. One thing I noticed is the wireless is on eth1 and not on wlan0. but this shouldn't make any difference.

DC
    Indeed it shouldn't. I had an eth1 wireless connection once when I had to compile the drivers for a usb antenna. Currently, my wireless interfaces are wlan0 and ra0. The name makes no difference.

If you're manually storing the data, it's odd that you're prompted for your password on every boot. Is your keyring properly configured? If we get rid of the password prompt, then your auto-connect problem will probably be solved as well.