Thread: usb wifi adapter issues

Beans

usb wifi adapter issues

im running hardy heron...

im trying to get aircrack to work because i want to try and crack my own network. i have a usb wifi adapter, its a wpn111 made by netgear. ive looked at tons and tons and tons of crap that tell me how but it wont work. i figured out i need to patch my driver so it can inject or somthing like that. anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Re: usb wifi adapter issues

Sorry but this is an Atheros chipset adapter and they are great with madwifi aircrack raw injection patched driver, but unfortunately madwifi does not support USB based devices so I belive you are sunk on this with this adapter.

Sorry to bear bad news, try going to aircracks site and look at their list of compatible adapters to see what works etc.

Sorry once again as I love Atheros adapters but I know that as of a week ago this was the case for USB support.

Beans

is there anyway that i can crack it? any other program? help...

Beans

You can use it as a normal wifi in conjunction with Ndiswrapper. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and I love Atheros to death but Atheros only rocks when it is mini-pci , pci or pcmcia based adapter. I would say that if you really want to get into wifi cracking that you are in the right OS ( Linux ) and you just will have to get a good adapter to do so.

Here is a link to what adapters work well with Aircrack and also tells injection support.

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatible_cards

Please go there and look through the lists and see what ones work and what ones don't. A new wifi adapter is not too expensive ( $25 - $60 ) . And as hobbies go $50 is pretty cheap

Just do the research before you buy so you know what is up. If you decide you might buy XYZ adapter and want to know whether it will work as a aircrack adapter then you can PM me and I will answer you about a given adapter before you buy one, and you can't say fairer than that

Beans

wouldnt bt work? or is that also a no?