Thread: Unclaimed usb

Beans

[SOLVED]Unclaimed usb

I have a new motherboard that I've tried all 6 connections and I can't get either two devices to read the data. It has LED lights that just show up for a second in one single blink, but won't read data or show up on anything I do for the hardware.

The devices work on other system. I have a system with SUSE that it's working in..........

It has UNCLAIMED next to all the USB, wondering what I can do? It's when I do a lshw
    Last edited by bone2006; August 31st, 2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: found reason

Beans

Re: Unclaimed usb

You will have to specify what USB devices you are referring to. Are the bad USB devices in question are USB hard disks or USB flash drives or something else.

I am going to bed soon but I will check back here tomorrow and look at your answers, and reply accordingly.

Beans

Re: Unclaimed usb

both..................

The problem was either a 64bit issue or a mythbuntu 8.10 alpha issue. I installed the 32bit release of ubuntu 8.04 and first tried it out on the liveCD and noticed it was reading perfectly.

Eitherway it's working. I'm hoping when mythbuntu 8.10 final that this won't be a problem on their 64bit release.