Thread: 43 posts

Hybrid View

Beans

43 posts

I've asked about this before - could someone reduce my post count, please? I posted in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=883170; the topic seemed whimsical, and because it was in Forum Community Discussions I had not considered that it might increment my post count.

Also, could someone in the know give me a list of places that will increment post count, and those that won't?

Most grateful
    R_T_H

Beans

Re: 43 posts

Quote Originally Posted by R_T_H View Post
    I've asked about this before - could someone reduce my post count, please? I posted in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=883170; the topic seemed whimsical, and because it was in Forum Community Discussions I had not considered that it might increment my post count.

Also, could someone in the know give me a list of places that will increment post count, and those that won't?

Most grateful
    R_T_H
    EDIT: Actually, don't worry about reducing post count if it's not convenient . It's probably a waste of effort on your part. But does anyone know a definitive list of where and where does not count towards post count? I don't want it to increase further. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The post counter cannot be reset without affecting the integrity of the forums database.

In general, the community discussions areas do not contribute towards your post count but the technical support areas do.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    The post counter cannot be reset without affecting the integrity of the forums database.

In general, the community discussions areas do not contribute towards your post count but the technical support areas do.
    Oh well, such is life, I suppose . Now I;ve just got to settle for the next best thing and keep it at 43, whilst referencing my failure in my avatar. All that RTFMing and not posting support threads wasted . Oh well, I'll just have to try harder next time

What counts as technical support? I thought the sub-forum I posted in was non-technical support, as it was in "Forum Community Discussions". I'm just wondering if there's a rule of thumb, or whether it's best just to play safe and only post in Community Café or OMGPP.

Thank you for your time,
    R_T_H

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well the forum you posted in isn't supposed to count towards the post count, but maybe something got messed up over the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden