Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sound Problems! - Crackling sound when playing any audio - but no errors!

Beans

Re: Sound Problems! - Crackling sound when playing any audio - but no errors!

wow. i did the PCM slide bar, and it FINALLY work.
    i miss windows...

Beans

Thanks, that solved my problem as well. The first time i noticed it was while playing Supertuxkart but I had played that game before with no issues. Now I should probably set all my audio options back to their default settings.

Thanks for the help!
    BaseEight

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Sound Problems! - Crackling sound when playing any audio - but no errors!

Hi guys,

I have Pulse and ALSA installed in Karmic and whenever I clicked on radio stations in Rhythmbox, first I'd hear crackling noise then the music. Only after installing OpenArena did I make it worse. Every time I'd click to shoot, there would be this annoying crackling noise.
    I went to my GNOME Alsa Mixer and discovered, among all the usual options, "Digital" sound control. I turned it all the way down to zero and fired-up my OpenArena == No noise, only pure satisfaction in sound quality!

Hope it helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by krawlx View Post
    Thanks for this thread. It pointed me in the right direction to fixing the same problem. My solution was this: right click on the speaker icon and select 'Open Volume Control.' Then, check the PCM slider. Sliding it to the top fixed this problem for me. As for the crackling sound...I assumed it was internal computer noise. When I plug in my headphones to my laptop I get the same noise.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    Wow, put off fixing this issue this summer cos I was busy and thought it'd be too time consuming. In the end it took 5 seconds. Unbelievable.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello,

here is my own experience. I have been fighting a long time with crackly sound under lucid. I found the "solution" yesterdays : i removed the proprietary drivers for my nvidia onboard graphic card, reboot, and it was ok. Now, i can't have the nice 3D desktop effects, but at least i can hear music...

But why the graphics drivers interfere with the sound ... big mystery

nico

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Sound Problems! - Crackling sound when playing any audio - but no errors!

Okay, first off, I tried to hit the pcm down, up, and all that. It seemed to work but then, the crackle came back (amarok, last.fm, general sounds).

What i did to fix this: Just clicked on the sound icon>sound preferences and thats it. It opened the window to the last tab, had ALSA Sound output under the APPLICATIONS tab and it went away. I did not TOUCH anything, and... it was in the middle of playing popping crackling music (danger - 00:01). In the middle of it, right after the window popped up it was gone. I repeat, i did not play with the sliders.

So yah. wtf.

Beans

wow,awesome...it did help someone. Me! i must have been to the VolumeControl like 28 times and i overlooked the PCM slider totally. i guess connecting my iPhone to ubuntu and trying to get it to sync with Rhythmbox killed the sound somehow...that is the only explanation i can come up with...don't know why though,and no,the sync didn't work.and i have jaunty that is without support and iTunes i only tried to install once.didn't work.further help or advice is very very welcome.thanks ever so much!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123