Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sytem Freeze on Resume from Suspend/Standby/Sleep

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Sytem Freeze on Resume from Suspend/Standby/Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDawn View Post
    I could not find any pattern with this, it happens while compiz is running, it happens when metacity is running, I try closing all user tasks before suspending, there is just no pattern.
    Did you try stopping gdm and running pm-suspend from a virtual terminal? Suspend is completely broken for me in 9.10 as long as there's a GUI involved. Here's a link to the problem I have in 9.10, in case it's relevant: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1307618

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Sytem Freeze on Resume from Suspend/Standby/Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by drs305 View Post
    To edit menu.lst, make a backup and open with a text editor:
    Code:
    sudo cp /boot/grub/menu.lst /boot/grub/menu.lst.bak 
    gksudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
    Make the change as suggested by msserver and then save the file and run the sudo update-grub command. When you run this command, the first choice will be "install the package maintainer's version" but the second one will be highlighted. Choose the first/top option.
    This is the correct way to do it for grub-legacy, but it changed in Karmic Koala with the release of grub2. In grub2, you must edit the following file: /etc/default/grub
    Add " i8042.reset" to the end of whatever is in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT. Then run update-grub as root.

Here's the original answer I found elsewhere:
    Code:
    Put additional boot options in /etc/default/grub. The first is default extra options for normal kernels, and the second is anything added for (recovery) entries:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678