Thread: weird mouse and video problem

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

weird mouse and video problem

Recently I got into linux gaming. I run an Nvidia card, dual monitors. All of a sudden when I play alien arena, cube 2, or openarena, the second screen disables, which is normal, but the first screen is cut in half. I can shift it over with the mouse, but then when i enter game play, my mouse movement is restricted i can only look so far up or down. Anyone experience this or know how i can correct it? This only happens for games.

Beans
    Distro

Re: weird mouse and video problem

Tried installing the newest driver, still nothing. I also notice that games like tuxracer i can shift the screen til its centered, and hte game works fine. The problem seems to involve the mouse somehow, and I have no idea why the mouse cursor movement would be restricted. All I know is I can't play first person shooters anymore.

Beans
    Distro

Video weird for Sauerbraten, Aliena Arena and Assault Cube.

Ok new problem. Before when I would play a game, my second screen would shut off, and I would be playing on about half of my primary screen, which i could move over.

Now, Alien Arena opens up on my SECOND screen, and sauerbraten uses half of my primary screen and my secondary screen stays on. It is now unplayable. I am guessing for some reason the computer thinks that the monitor is 2048 instead of the combined desktop. Any idea how I would fix this?

I use the nividia gui for settings, and i got a Nvidia 7600 card.

I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling. The games I mean.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've got the exact same problem. Alien Arena, Wolfenstein ET, and all the other FPS's I've tried acts like this. My resolution is 2x1680x1050 (22"x2). Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Have you tried turning of compiz fusion?... thats what i have to do during game play.