Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tabbed nautilus?

Beans

tabbed nautilus?

I guess this post is for gnome only, I recently tryed kde and still can not stand it so that is out of the options.

But i was sitting at my computer today, and i have tabbed browsing (firefox), tabbed IM (gaim), tabbed terminal (gnome-terminal) where are the tabbed folders?

I did some searching and couldent find ne, So what do you guys think, tabbed folders good or bad? Or did i just miss them?
    Edward A Robinson -- www.earobinson.org

Beans

Re: tabbed nautilus?

I miss them too, one of the only things I miss from KDE... that and I'd like an option to swtich from this new style of folder bar to the classic address bar that I can type things into.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qalimas
    and I'd like an option to swtich from this new style of folder bar to the classic address bar that I can type things into.
    You have that option in gconf; /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_location_entry .
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

yup, but no tabs eh? thats just to bad, it really makes sence one tab per desktop in my mind, and the ability to move a tab out to a dif desktop would be perfect!

Beans
    Hidden!

I agree. It's one of the reasons why I respect Konqueror.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

AFAIK, nautilus is unlikely to gain a tabbed interface anytime soon. If someone codes it, it might get in.

Corey

Beans

You can tab windows with fluxbox, it might be possible to use flux to replace metacity and obtain the tabbing feature

Beans

yup, tabs would be great...I dont see myself switching to kde or fluxbox or whatever. I like gnome, so I guess I'll have to wait...

Beans

Well I was just kinda hopeing some one would call me stupid and be like look that feature is right there. maybe it would be cool if nautilus supported plugins, i would me much more comfterable (SP?) to write a plugin than edit the source. I dont see my self switching because the rest of gnome IMHO is just way better than anything else out there.

I respect kde also, but to me it will always be linux for cartoons
    Last edited by earobinson; November 15th, 2005 at 03:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.10 Wily Werewolf

the new location buttons work sort of like tabs. if you could drag and drop files to them then that would satisfy all my needs (well that and world peace and i'd be happy).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast