Thread: Card reader on Dell Inspiron 1525

Beans

Card reader on Dell Inspiron 1525

I can't get the SD/MS card reader to work in Hardy. I put in a MemoryStick and nothing happened. I don't have an SD card to test it with. I plugged in a USB reader and the MemoryStick works just fine. Am I missing drivers? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Card reader on Dell Inspiron 1525

well, have you searched the forums, you would have seen that theres no kernel support for built-in card readers for cards other than SD.
    USB work just fine, but someone has to code drivers for the built-in ones into the kernel.
    /**HP Pavilion DV6646us laptop: AMD 1.9 GHz Turion 64 X2 / 2Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M / 15.4" WXGA / BroadCom BCM4328 wireless / Built-in webcam **/
    -- Kubuntu 9.04, CentOs 5.2, Mikrotik RouterOS 3.3 User -- Argentina LoCo Team

Beans

Thanks, I searched but didn't see it.

What's so different about the internal reader though? I thought they're basically USB card readers, just built in, but they use USB and mass storage for everything.

Beans

For what it's worth, I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 and the internal SD card reader seems to work fine with a smaller capacity SD card (1 gig) but is utterly baffled by my larger capacity (2 gig) one.