Thread: Laptop or all in one case

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Laptop or all in one case

I was hoping that someone would be able to find me a supplier for Laptop case/screen (I'd be looking for 17 inch or larger screen size) or an all-in-one case (similar to the HP TouchSmart IQ504t series, although it does not need to be touchscreen)

I'd like to build my own, but haven't found a supplier for the case and screen.

Thanks,

Beans

Re: Laptop or all in one case

If you want a laptop then I would buy a laptop, if you want to build a portable then you could look at a mini itx size motherboard and put it in a pelican case ( plastic but tough enough to drive a truck over like the military stores stuff in ) along with a LCD and hard drive and you could even rig up a sealed battery and power charger system as well. I plan on doing one myself setup for wifi security penetration duty one of these days.

Heres a site on mini ITX where you can find allot of info

http://www.mini-itx.com/

Hope that helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This helps a lot - thanks.

Hopefully some other suggestions are out there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by fballem View Post
    Hopefully some other suggestions are out there?
    Well, it depends on what you want to do. What application do you have in mind: industrial (i.e. dusty environments), mobile/ambulant use (i.e. vibrations), long-term outdoor deployment (e.g. science data acquisition stations, read: large temperature variations and low power requirements), a carry-along LAN party game box, use as a regular laptop (in which case it wouldn't make much sense to build your own), or anything else? If you can be a bit more specific, I'm sure any suggestions would be more useful.

// Frank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A couple of the built ones are really intriguing. I'm not sure that my woodworking skills are sufficient, but I do like the one that was build out of an old metal suitcase.

Thanks for sending the links!