Thread: Pilot Logbook/WIne

Beans

Pilot Logbook/WIne

Running Ubuntu 8.04.1, I have been able to install (through Wine) LogBook Pro, latest version 1.10.36; open and run a two year old backup file and use the program - a good deal.

Logbook Pro remains the best pilot logbook, and although there are many ways to keep track of pilot time using other venues, nothing is as thorough and easy as Logbook Pro.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Pilot Logbook/WIne

And you posted this for no reason wasting peoples time because?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The world does not revolve around your desired featureset.

If you were a pilot you would appreciate knowing LogBook Pro runs under WINE. In the past it didn't.
    regards

Beans

Cool. I've recently got several windows apps to run under WINE that wouldn't not too long ago.

What you can do is head over to http://appdb.winehq.org/, and add the program to their database. Hopefully that knowledge will help someone else in the future. It's always good to do that, especially with uncommon programs like this.

Beans

Thanks for the information. I had been trying with an older version of the software and could not get it to work.

After installing LogBook Pro and locating the data file my system "hangs up" on "loading Data. Please Wait..." has anyone had this problem?
    Last edited by pab39193; September 19th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.