Thread: Sound effects??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Sound effects??

I'm using Hardy. I've installed Ubuntu Ultimate 1.9. A lot of the initial issues that I had when I first installed Hardy no longer exist in Ultimate.

My question is regarding implementing sound effects to alsa or pulse.

I only ask because my Windows laptop has an NVidia chipset and with the control panel you can adjust the sound, for install Padded Cell, Opera Hall...

Not sure if this is possible. Not a biggie, but it would be cool.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Sound effects??

That's probably part of your Windows drivers as opposed to a hardware feature.

If you're using a program like Audacious to play your audio, you can activate plugins for that program. Audacious has stuff for effects, plus things like vocal cancellation.

I think it's just going to be software-specific though, unless there's a program for Ubuntu that does it for any sound card--but I don't personally know of any such program. It might exist though.
    Robbie Ferguson, Host
    Category5 Technology TV
    www.Category5.TV

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Sound effects??

VLC has settings like that for audio playback but you have to use vlc.

I run everything through pulseaudio to jack through a pulseaudio/jack sink so I can use the jackrack effects and other jack type stuff to adjust the sound. If you want to see about doing that, and a bunch of other stuff, you can look at my guide here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843012