Thread: VMWare Windows guest Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question VMWare Windows guest Problem

Hi,

I have 2 vmware images, both are MS Windows guests. First image (let's we called it as image A) I created in Windows XP using VMWare Workstation 5. The second image (called it as image B) I created in Linux using VMWare Workstation 6.

I use image B in Linux without problem, but if I use image A in Linux, the whole system will freeze intermittently and then normal again then freeze again... and so on.

At first I thought it's because the image A was created by VMWare Workstation 5, so I upgraded the image to VMWare Workstation 7 in Windows XP environment, but when I run in Linux the problem still persist.

Is this problem cause by the operating system that I used when creating the image?

Note: I haven't tried run image B in Windows environment. I will test it tomorrow.

Regards,
    DakoChan

Ubuntu 10.04; Intel Core i5-520M; Nvidia Geforce GT 330M 512MB; DDR3 4 GB
    Die Die must use Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Angry Re: VMWare Windows guest Problem

Hallo,

I still have problem with the VMWare Player that contains Windows XP. When I'm using the vmware image, the vmware often hangs for a few seconds, sometimes, minutes.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 desktop edition as the host OS, 4 GB Memory, with ext4 filesystem. And, I have plenty of disk space, so that's not source of the problem. I assign 1 GB memory to the vmware. I also have done defragment using VMWare utility.

Please help.

Best Regards,
    Dakochan

Ubuntu 10.04; Intel Core i5-520M; Nvidia Geforce GT 330M 512MB; DDR3 4 GB
    Die Die must use Linux