Thread: [SOLVED] Problem installing Mythbuntu 8.04.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Angry [SOLVED] Problem installing Mythbuntu 8.04.1

I've been having sooooo much headache in the past 3 weeks. I had and older PC set up for a backend and decided to upgrade it. I got me a nice Dual Core 2 E8450 with the GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H mobo. Ever since I can't install the OS, it keeps crashing. I tried like 5 different CDs. Both 8.04 and 8.04.1 load fine in the Live environment. Then i select install and do all the partitioning, etc. The install crashes at 84% when it's saying configuring mythtv-setup i think or something like that. And it just stops, no error message or anything. The Live environment is still fully functional. I tried 8.10 but it keeps crashing if i try to enable the Restricted drivers.

What should I do??
    Pls help.

Beans

Re: Problem installing Mythbuntu 8.04.1

Rather than entering the Live Environment, try the install option from the initial cd splash screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Problem installing Mythbuntu 8.04.1

I've tried any possible option. At the end I was able to install. The problem was that I wasn't giving it enought HDD space I think. I have SATA 500gb abd PATA 300 gb and tried to install on the 10gb free space I have left on the one drive. Then i put it on the other one that has plenty of free space and that work.

Next challenge - How do I get sound thru HDMI? I installed the restricted Nvidia drivers and got my TV to work with 1080p but still can't hear any sound.