Thread: How to enable Anti-Aliasing in Ubuntu anw To enhance graphics for gaming through wine

Beans

Question How to enable Anti-Aliasing in Ubuntu anw To enhance graphics for gaming through wine

I am currently using certain window based games on ubuntu through Wine. The problem is that I can't enable effects like ANTI-ALIASING in games like TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY.
    Also I want to enhance my 3D experience in gaming. In Vista we have DirectX for that purpose, could anybody prescribe me any software or additional packages which can produce the same effects.
    I am using NVIDIA 8800GT and have already installed compiz/compiz fusion and they are working perfectly.I just want software to enhance my gaming experience in Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How to enable Anti-Aliasing in Ubuntu anw To enhance graphics for gaming through

Did you install nvidia-setttings package?

This allows you to edit resolutions, brightness, image qaulity, gamma correction, anti aliasing levels etc

Search for nvidia-settings in synaptic or type in terminal

Code:
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings
    To run the application once installed type

Code:
    sudo nvidia-settings
    64-Bit User-Group // Twin-View AMD64 X2 6000+|Geforce 9500GT 1024 MB|8GB PC2-6400 DDR2|500GB Seagate SATA // AMD64 X2 4400+|Geforce 8600GTS |4GB PC2-6400 DDR2|360GB Samsung SATA // Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 64-Bit

Beans

Re: How to enable Anti-Aliasing in Ubuntu anw To enhance graphics for gaming through

Quote Originally Posted by tuxxy View Post
    Did you install nvidia-setttings package?

This allows you to edit resolutions, brightness, image qaulity, gamma correction, anti aliasing levels etc

Search for nvidia-settings in synaptic or type in terminal

Code:
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings
    To run the application once installed type

Code:
    sudo nvidia-settings
    I am already using NVIDIA settings amd that is why I am able to use Compiz. The only thing I need is some softwares,packages or repositories which can further enhance my gaming experience. I don't even know if there are any such software which can immitate DirectX like features (ANTI-ALIASING) in Ubuntu.
    Please Help!!!!!!