Thread: Unbuntu 8.04 and Linksys wireless N

Beans

Unbuntu 8.04 and Linksys wireless N

Hi:

I'm new to Ubuntu. I have it installed as a dual boot on an Acer XP Laptop. Ubuntu 8.04 boots and works fine. My problem is I cannot get my Linksys wireless WPC300N PCMCIA card to work in Ubuntu. Works fine in XP. I tried using some instructions found on this site. A search for either NDISWRAPPER OR NDISGTK, proved futile. They were not loaded with the Ubuntu download. I found them on the net and tried to install... NDISWRAPPER failed to load and I got an error message trying to install NDISGTK. Now I'm stuck.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried downloading a fresh copy of Unbuntu 8.04 but there is still no sign of NDISWRAPPER or NDISGTK.
    What do I do?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Rich Bruski

Beans

Re: Unbuntu 8.04 and Linksys wireless N

Rich,

Check out my thread (I'm working with a DLink Wireless N Router and wifi card).

There is a site there that gives instructions on using a new driver which, as I found, a couple people have reported success - but I'm so new to Ubuntu that I can't even seem to figure out how to load the driver. See if this may apply to you. If so , could you please help me in loading the ath5k driver or do you see any other solutions there?

Josh

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=899007

Beans

Re: Unbuntu 8.04 and Linksys wireless N

Josh:
    Thanks for the response. I'll give anything a try at this point. I'll let you know if I get the problem resolved.
    Rich Bruski