Thread: [SOLVED] Need A Little Help.

Beans

[SOLVED] Need A Little Help.

I am competely new to the linux thing and I've notice there is no laptop edition for linux. What would be a good version of Ubuntu or any other linux for laptop, to make it run cooler and keep the battery life and/or are there update/drivers/modules I should get to improve anything.

I am pretty sure I know how to do it and I haven't tried to install Linux yet on my laptop yet, but I want to do a dual boot with windows and all I want to have a small partition for it. How would I go about doing it?

Beans

Re: Need A Little Help.

To be quite honest with you, any of them. It really doesnt matter as internally they are all using the same utilities and libraries, etc. There are many things already built into Ubuntu (and its components) that let Linux work well with laptops. So you shouldnt have any issues. But sticking with the standard mainstream version of ubuntu is probably a good idea.
    Ubuntu User #: 0x2695 | Banshee 1.8/2.0 Pidgin Plugin

Intel Q6600 @3.21, 4GB, GTX260, ArchLinux
    Lenovo IdeaPad S10, 1.6GHz Intel Atom, ArchLinux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Need A Little Help.

Well most laptops have driver issues.After you install Ubuntu just post on this awesome forum and we can help you if you have any problems.But you should be ok.
    Never mind.Kept screwing up XFCE.XD
    http://www.crashie.com will crash an IE install.