Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many female Ubuntu/Linux users?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How many female Ubuntu/Linux users?

I have seen the odd Linux fanatic...NO THANKS!!!! Just because I use Linux does not mean I find other Linux males HOT...far from it

ner ner ner

Oh yeah, apparently I am a female(says so on my birth certificate, and I sit down to pee)...you can all get excited now, as I love Linux, and I really love PC hardware..what an oddity I must be to some of you blokes in here (or you are now thinking nasty things about me with regards to my appearance or gender preferences...*sigh*)

*need to find a 'girls' forum and ask if there are any 'men' in there....*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post

Oh yeah, apparently I am a female(says so on my birth certificate, and I sit down to pee)...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I have seen the odd Linux fanatic...NO THANKS!!!! Just because I use Linux does not mean I find other Linux males HOT...far from it

ner ner ner

Oh yeah, apparently I am a female(says so on my birth certificate, and I sit down to pee)...you can all get excited now, as I love Linux, and I really love PC hardware..what an oddity I must be to some of you blokes in here (or you are now thinking nasty things about me with regards to my appearance or gender preferences...*sigh*)

*need to find a 'girls' forum and ask if there are any 'men' in there....*
    We're geeks, we all sit down to pee.
    Approach life & cooking with reckless abandon.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I know of a gal who is a mod on another forum I frequent. She hails from South America, is all female in every sense of the word, and knows Linux forward and backwards....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by JillSwift View Post
    Don't see as in actually witness a lot of women taking the time to learn Linux, or don't see as in misogyny?
    Well yeh actually witnessed and taking the time. I by no means mean it in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by benny bronx View Post
    How about a third choice somewhere in the middle?

My experience, when mentioning linux, is that the "why would I use that" look is gender neutral.
    Thats why i asked. "why would I use that", is my fiance's impression of it. And i only know guys that use Linux, Quite a few of them which is why i started using it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by benny bronx View Post
    How about a third choice somewhere in the middle?

My experience, when mentioning linux, is that the "why would I use that" look is gender neutral.
    xD Pretty much.
    Ubuntu User # 17031
    Quote Originally Posted by RAV TUX View Post
    who needs support when you use Linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33 View Post
    Open-Source: The power to create completely useless, but extremely cool, programs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This thread or question is in no way meant to be taken negatively. Its not to get a date or whatever else. Like i said in my earlier post, i only know guys that use linux and the females i know didnt really care much for it. It also just seems to have been more a guy thing since we like to see what we can break and then fix it and break it again.

So im really just trying to see if my perception was always wrong.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by quinnten83 View Post
    We're geeks, we all sit down to pee.
    HHAhahHAhAhhahaHAhAHHAAHHAhahahha....hahahhaha...h hhaha.h.ah...hahaha..hahah

Not really, but it was funny!

Beans

My partners in the unfortunate position that she knows how to build and use a PC properly. She has an impressive pair of ***** (d cup for those in UK), and knows a bit about Mandriva linux. She also reads my linux formats when im done with them. The reason her positions unfortunate, is cause of the worrying situations that occur when she walks into PC world...

A shop of nerds, with nerds for staff, with a top heavy lass walking around the computer components section... The amount of tounges on the floor just cant be hygenic >.<

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
    This thread or question is in no way meant to be taken negatively. Its not to get a date or whatever else. Like i said in my earlier post, i only know guys that use linux and the females i know didnt really care much for it. It also just seems to have been more a guy thing since we like to see what we can break and then fix it and break it again.

So im really just trying to see if my perception was always wrong.

Very wrong

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast