Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Midori Web Browser

Beans

Re: Midori Web Browser

I tried it on my Asus Eeepc last week.

It's still unstable and I could not get flash to work.

It was pretty fast, but not usable yet.

I use Epiphany as light weigth browser, with adblock .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

You guys gave me an idea to try out the available webkit browsers instead of waiting out on how Google Chrome might appear on GNU/Linux. I got Midori and Epiphany from this ppa: https://launchpad.net/~webkit-team/+archive and I'm trying both browsers now. So... I'm checking out how to enable flash support on both.

Edit:
    Ok, both browsers crashed whenever I tried to play a youtube video. I'm using 8.04 and I've recently upgraded my flash plugin to version 10 from Adobe's website. I thought of reverting back to version 9 and so far flash worked on both browsers.

I'm liking Midori more so far over Epiphany. (I found it annoying that I had to install extensions for Epiphany to be able to open links in a new tab.)
    Last edited by the yawner; November 23rd, 2008 at 07:40 PM.
    Remember: With great power comes great current squared times resistance.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@the yawner : I'm currently uploading midori 0.1.0 and webkit r38688 into the webkit-team ppa for Hardy. Flash should not crash anymore
    I only test it in Intrepid, so any feedbacks will be nice.
    Sorry for my English - Home Page - PPA Webkit - PPA Midori - PPA Liferea - Personal PPA
    «Violence never settles anything.» - Genghis Khan, 1162-1227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
    @the yawner : I'm currently uploading midori 0.1.0 and webkit r38688 into the webkit-team ppa for Hardy. Flash should not crash anymore
    I only test it in Intrepid, so any feedbacks will be nice.
    I read your post just now and I'm now upgrading my installation. Will post some feedback probably later as it's already way past midnight in my side of the world, and I better catch some sleep.

Thanks much by the way.
    Remember: With great power comes great current squared times resistance.

Beans
    Distro

midori 0.1.1 is out \o/ (and Webkit 38850)
    Sorry for my English - Home Page - PPA Webkit - PPA Midori - PPA Liferea - Personal PPA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The Flash plugin killed Epiphany again (this time the Flash 10 64bit beta), so I eradicated Flash completely. Everything is way nicer now, for me. Now I can complain whenever clueless web developers build Flash-only content, and I can be way more productive in the absense of that awful proprietary thing. It's just like the good old days!

I also have a growing temptation to switch to Konqueror, although Epiphany's newly improved address bar autocomplete is holding me back for now. Midori is a decent alternative...

Beans

But is it only me for whom both epiphany-webkit and midori won't open links in new tabs?
    That means that clicking on a google result won't work, as it should open a new tab...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Epiphany-webkit presently has broken tab handling, and does not do cookies correctly. It's a known bug
    The Gecko version does tabs just fine, and the webkit version will probably not be considered stable until it does.

In the mean time, Do Not open tabs in the epiphany-webkit because there is a good chance the browser will then crash somehow.

Beans
    Distro

I don't know about epiphany-webkit (thanks to Mr. Picklesworth for the info) but no problems with midori.

Beans

Uhm weird: in midori, if I right-click and select open in new tab, it opens fine. However if I click on a link that automatically would open up in a new tab/window, nothing at all happens. So to open up Google search results, I have to manually right-click and select open in new tab.
    Btw, I come from Opera, so I never new that Google results open up in new windows... annoying. They should open in new tabs!
    So if no one else is seeing this do i report a bug? I'm using the webkit repo..

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast