Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Midori Web Browser

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Midori Web Browser

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBizarre View Post
    I've just come from Opera, where there were: bookmarks, history, downloads, unite, etc. in the panels, a lot of those I do not use, so I like to disable them so that they're just not there, I'd like to just disable a few in Midori as well.
    Ahh.. I think I misunderstood. Yeah, that would be kind of cool to hide stuff you don't use. I poked around in the local config files in .config/midori but I didn't see a place to edit it (I did see the toolbar options so maybe it's in there somewhere and just not jumping out at me).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have some sort of a bug using midori on lucid lynx. Whenever I google search I get a strange picture on the top left of my results. Like in this image.

Also aonther thingy. Middle mouse button press should do autoscroll (optionaly) not google search for the selected text, mainly because it disables the system wide "insert selected text" feature.

Beans
    Hidden!

tibike, just for grins on the display error with Google results could you try:
    Preferences -> Network
    and change your browser identification to something else (not iPhone though) to see if it looks different?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

thanks chillicampari, that helped!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by chillicampari View Post
    tibike, just for grins on the display error with Google results could you try:
    Preferences -> Network
    and change your browser identification to something else (not iPhone though) to see if it looks different?
    Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tibike View Post
    thanks chillicampari, that helped!
    Thank you.
    Cool, glad that helped! I was browsing the tasklist at http://www.twotoasts.de/bugs/ and that seems to be the solution right now for a few different things, but if the rendering issue carries to the next version (I think Google results changed *after* the current version, not positive on that though) it may be worthwhile for us to file a bug report to twotoasts on it, since this is just a temp workaround.
    Last edited by chillicampari; May 21st, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by chillicampari View Post
    Ahh.. I think I misunderstood. Yeah, that would be kind of cool to hide stuff you don't use. I poked around in the local config files in .config/midori but I didn't see a place to edit it (I did see the toolbar options so maybe it's in there somewhere and just not jumping out at me).
    That doesn't matter now. I just upgraded to 0.2.5 and they're at the bottom of the panel list and out of the way.

I've seen users on here with custom speed dials (changing the number of shortcuts you can have), how do you do this?

Beans
    Hidden!

That doesn't matter now. I just upgraded to 0.2.5 and they're at the bottom of the panel list and out of the way.

I've seen users on here with custom speed dials (changing the number of shortcuts you can have), how do you do this?
    Neat, new version. I'll have to check that out!

I can't guarantee it'll be exactly the same since we're on different versions now, but
    /usr/share/midori/res/ should have what you're looking for to mess around with. I'd probably back up the whole directory first.

Beans

It's available in the development version. You'll get it the next time the PPA updates...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sertse View Post
    It's available in the development version. You'll get it the next time the PPA updates...
    Oh, good.
    For it to replace Opera as my main browser, all that's left is:
    Extendable search bar.
    New tab button in tab bar.
    Deleted tab button in tab bar
    More stability.
    Improved appearance (custom speed dial, less tall tabs (I know this depends on the GTK theme, but somehow Epiphany has smaller tabs with the same themes), etc.)
    and tabs that 'squash' when there are to many
    Last edited by CrimsonBizarre; May 23rd, 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast