Thread: compiz leaves artifacts after password is entered

Beans

compiz leaves artifacts after password is entered

Sometimes when I am running an application which requires me to input my password, compiz will leave artifacts all over my desktop once I enter the password. Once I drag a window across the screen or initiate the desktop cube, the artifacts disappear. Is anybody else having this problem? It doesn't happen constantly though Maybe once every 3 or 4 times?

it's definitely not a big deal, but slightly annoying and worth reporting if it hasn't been already.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: compiz leaves artifacts after password is entered

Yeah happens sometimes to me too.

I think it comes from one of the plugins I enabled, but it doesn't bother me that much to find out more info.

Beans

good to know im not the only one having the problem. i found a little workaround in case anybody is interested. it was discovered in this thread. read the last post.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=407800

Beans

Lol. It just happened to me, it happens all the time. I have a screenshot.
    Here is the workaround from the above thread (so you don't have to go looking through it).
    Under System>Preferences>Accessibility>Assitive Technology Preferences you can tick 'Password dialogues as floating windows'. This gives you a standard window in which to type your password, no greying-out effect, and no lockup for me. Thumbs up all round.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rossjman1; August 22nd, 2008 at 11:47 PM.