Thread: Matrox G450, Crazy Colors in OpenGL

Beans

Matrox G450, Crazy Colors in OpenGL

Hello folks,

I recently purchased that Matrox Millennium G450 and finally managed to get DRI working. Now I got hardware-rendering and acceptable framerates, but.. - see for yourself.

Please note that the first screenshot was also rendered in OpenGL. ("glob2 -g")
    These graphics errors seem to appear totally at random. For instance, when i restart ppracer (e.g. tuxracer) sometimes the weird colors are on the trees, next time on the track, next time on the GUI.
    Additionally my mouse cursor wents to a square set of random black and white stripes when I put it:
    - on the favicon in the Firefox address bar
    - on an embedded macromedia flash movie
    - on a resizeable (i.e. bigger than screen) picture in Firefox
    - on a window-titlebar when moving the window (holding the left mouse button)
    - most games

Sometimes when I reboot the whole machine, there are NO ERRORS (game and cursor) whatsoever. However they come back the next time.

These are my specs:

Pentium III 933 Mhz
    Asus CUSL2: Intel 82815 Chipset, VGA-Onboard has been deactivated before Ubuntu Install
    Matrox Millenium G450 AGP Dual Head
    Monitor: Belinea "10 15 45" TFT (1024*768*24)
    Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Standard (GNOME)
    I am using the xorg-mga-driver since the proprietary driver does not yet work with Breezy.

I also installed Windows 98 which runs Quake3 and the Aquamark3-Benchmark very well in terms of image quality. So I seriously doubt it being a hardware-problem.

Got any ideas? I'd really appreciate your help.

xorg.conf
    xorg.log
    syslog
    Last edited by Stroganoff; November 14th, 2005 at 01:05 AM.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Matrox G450, Crazy Colors in OpenGL

*waiting for official matrox forums to reopen*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Matrox G450, Crazy Colors in OpenGL

so, any solutions? i have a matrox card and its really beginning to **** me offf.
    Linux.