Thread: Recently lost sound after suspending

Beans

Recently lost sound after suspending

Dear all,

In order to safe power at night, I generally put my machine to suspend. Now in the beginning it said there was a problem doing so when I woke it up again, but everything seemed to work fine, so I did not understand why it was complaining.
    Since about a week now, if I wake my machine again, then whatever I try, I cannot get any sound out of machine until I have rebooted it completely.
    I kind of fear that one of the automatic updates has caused it.
    Anyone with similar experience or clues ?

Thanks,

Wim

Beans

Re: Recently lost sound after suspending

Well
    being totally new at ubuntu I am experiencing the same peoblem but I found a "solution" to it.
    When I start up my computer and the password screen appears and I hear the bongo sound, I can use my audio and MIDI sequencers like lmms and fruity loops under Wine.
    When I did not hear that sound I know I have to keep rebooting until I hear the bongo sound and then everything should be ok.
    Rythmbox always works
    When you don't hear the sound I think it's best to completely start up your Ubuntu and then shut down completely before starting up again.
    I know, but that's my experience so far....

Beans

Re: Recently lost sound after suspending

Hi,

Well, rhythmbox does not always work for me, it is actually the only audio application I currently use, and therefore also the one I have problems with.