View Poll Results: what programme do you prefer?

Voters
1168. You may not vote on this poll
  • PIXEL

123 10.53%
  • GIMP

605 51.80%
  • other i.e. ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, none linux thou

440 37.67%
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: A true photoshop alternative....No not GIMP!! "PIXEL" actually

Beans

Re: A true photoshop alternative....No not GIMP!! "PIXEL" actually

do you see the extent of skin showing on that girl) on our screen. could not have taken a screen shot of something better.
    Now what is better than an attractive females body?

Now what always makes me laugh are the people that complain that you recommended a piece of shareware. Heaven forbid you actually have to pay for a piece of software. Yet they're the first ones to complain that Adobe doesn't port their software to Linux.

So you want Adobe to write applications for Linux to give away for free??? I'm truly confused here.
    Registered Linux User # 437006
    http://sidux.com/ - K Desktop Environment (Debian Sid)
    MasterShaper - Network traffic under control

Currently listening to

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    That statement is outdated. There is a Liquify plugin available now (I have it installed ), and there is a perspective tool and a free transform tool. There is GIMP-gap for animations (as well as just regular GIMP for GIFs, as long as you keep it to 1 frame per layer). As of 2.4, it has a healing brush, and I think the patch tool is actually the "cloning" tool. GIMP does have an effect gallery. GIMP can do vertical type or type around selection by using paths.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread like this, but could you tell me where to find this free transform tool? I've been using the GIMP exclusively for quite a while, and although I know the perspective tool well, I've looked and looked and looked and I cannot find a free transform tool or anything that looks remotely similar. There appear to be a few individual ways to distort things in the GIMP (perspective, rotate, scale, shear, and flip), but absolutely nothing like Photoshop's "Free Transform." In fact, everything I can find on Google lists that as one of the major things missing. And I'm using GIMP version 2.4.5.

I'm probably being dim, or maybe my Google-fu is worse than I thought, but either way, I beg you: please tell me specifically and explicitly where to find this, assuming for the sake of discussion that I am a total moron. Please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi pals,

I currently use GIMP mainly to crop, add an occasional text and "censor" out parts of a picture. (the FILL SELECTION bucket)

Thus, GIMP is an overkill for such simple tasks.

Is there a lighter version of GIMP, or program for Ubuntu? (if it is web-based, it is even better)

I found Photoshop Express Online useful, but it does not yet have the Fill Selection black-out feature I need.

My apologies if this post is a little bit off from the main thread. Thanks!!
    RYKEL™ | Google+ OR Skype Name: rykellim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Gimp is awkward, period.

Photoshop ftw.

Inskcape is nice.

Illustrator ftw.

Unfortunately, Adobe suite still wins.
    The impossible just delays a little more...

Tell Adobe you do care about Linux's Flash Player!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

This thread have run its course (since 2005) and therefore closed. If anyone have something to say Which add a new thing or havn't been said, contact the forum staff - explain what you want to add and we might re-open the thread.

regards
    A.I. Dude

Ubuntu Forum Staff
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; June 20th, 2008 at 04:30 PM.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647