this is a great news for you that using Linux and in search for Photoshop alternative... GimPhoto 1.4.3 for Linux is released.
GimPhoto for Linux installer is useful for all Linux distro such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, OpenSUSE, etc.
GimPhoto 1.4.3 for Linux has all great features that same with GimPhoto 1.4.3 for Windows.
but for you that not familiar with GimPhoto, this is a short description about it:
GimPhoto is GIMP modification that:
- based on new stable GIMP 2.4.
- new menu layout like PS.
- new shortcuts like PS.
- CMYK separation.
- Layer Effects.
- new brushset and gradientset.
- packed with 20+ plugins and scripts to fill missing PS function on GIMP.
for example: Save for Web, Slice for Web, Batch Process, etc.
- packed with many photographic filters like Noise Reduction, B/W and IR.
for more detailed information, go to http://www.gimphoto.com
Notes: I also asking for help:
- please, provide mirror GimPhoto for Linux as single package.
- please, create .deb or .rpm for GimPhoto for Linux.
- please, spread the word about GimPhoto ... thanks a lot... (^__^)=b
for users that already download it before 26/08/2008, please re-download it again, there is a problem with the files.
i'm really sorry for this much trouble, there is explanation about it at GimPhoto site.
i already fix the installation files and also give more detailed installation instructions.
change download location from uploader.polorix.net to tuxfamily.org
because uploader.polorix.net is closed.
single file installer now available at tuxfamily.org
now GimPhoto for Linux is easier to install and compatible with ALL Linux distro.
please report back to this thread about your installation progress, thanks a lot for your support!