Thread: Mercury Messenger: Webcam and libjmutil.so

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Mercury Messenger: Webcam and libjmutil.so

I've been trying to get web cam support under Mercury Messenger and Hardy, and after searching through the forum, I came across a few dead-end threads so let's try to start a new one.

I can receive webcam but can't send it. When trying to set it up under options, this is what I get:

VidConf-libs.jar in classpath: Passed
    JavaLibs-linux.jar in classpath.: Passed
    Native library files for Linux found: Passed
    Copy libjmutil.so: Failed
    So I searched for libjmutil.so and found out that I needed to install JMF-2.1.1e, so from the Sun website, I found this package and installed it (after a few teaks to get it to install under Hardy). Everything seemed to have gone according to planned, but there's still no libjmutil.so and I get the exact same error as quoted above. Has anyone had to deal with this and got it to work under Hardy?

I really liked the way Mercury messenger looks (way better than aMSN) the functionality (i.e., video conference - if I can get it to work) and would really like to get it working. If anyone has an alternative msn messenger with looks and functionality, please let me know. I've tried emesene, amsn (so far the winner for me), pidgin, and now mercury.
    "There are 10 types of people: Those who read binary and those who don't"
    >>>"who is general failure and why is he reading my files"<<<
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 22367
    Howto automount NTFS - My wallpaper

Beans

Re: Mercury Messenger: Webcam and libjmutil.so

El archivo se encuentra en la ubicacion /usr/share/mercury/jni/jmf/libjmutil.so

Tienes que copiarlo a la carpeta /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/libjmutil.so

ai tu version java es otra remplaza java-7-icedtea por tu version java

---ejemplo---
    sudo cp /usr/share/mercury/jni/jmf/libjmutil.so /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/libjmutil.so

despues de eso reiniciar mercury y todo funcionara correctamente.

El archivo se encuentra en la ubicacion /usr/share/mercury/jni/jmf/libjmutil.so

Tienes que copiarlo a la carpeta /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/libjmutil.so

ai tu version java es otra remplaza java-7-icedtea por tu version java

---ejemplo---
    sudo cp /usr/share/mercury/jni/jmf/libjmutil.so /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/libjmutil.so

despues de eso reiniciar mercury y todo funcionara correctamente.
    The file is located at /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/libjmutil.so

You must copy it to this folder /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/libjmutil.so

There your version java is another one replaces java-7-icedtea by your version java

---example---

after that restart mercury and everything would work correctly.
    Last edited by Sef; September 7th, 2008 at 01:04 AM.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

i have no file libjmulti.so how i can do? i'm so wonder i has just already install java-6-sun jre but i can't found this files
    best regard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Angry Re: Mercury Messenger: Webcam and libjmutil.so

Hi All, this is my first post at Ubuntu!

I have tested several instant messengers on Karmic and now trying Mercury because all applications don't support webcam very well. Unfortunately, this is a problem with Mercury too.

I suppose that the command lines are wrong here. I copied the file

FROM
    /usr/share/mercury/jni/jmf/

TO
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/

using nautilus in root mode. However I received the same message error that Victormd.

Could you please help? I suppose that the solution is here. I try Mercury homepage unsuccessfully.

Thank you!

PS: Now I will install jre6-18 from Sun's homepage.
    Last edited by cabruca; February 21st, 2010 at 12:40 AM.

Beans

sudo ln -s /usr/share/mercury/jni/jmf/libjmutil.so /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/jre/lib/i386

mercury &
    Last edited by semelle; June 18th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.