Thread: Green and Red streaks in scans

Beans

Green and Red streaks in scans

Hello all. Using an HP 3500C scanner in Ubuntu 8.0.4 64-bit on an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core 4200+ with 2GB RAM.

I get streaky scans. I saw similar output a long time ago in Windows with another scanner, but never with this one. It attaches via USB.

It does the same thing whether I use Xsane or Kooka, although in Kooka it also features clusters of green and red dots.

The real kicker is that I used this scanner to create flawless scans on Ubuntu 8.0.4 32-bit on an AMD system with 512 MB RAM (sorry, can't remember exact specs).

I unhooked my external hard drive, thinking maybe I didn't have it attached to the 32-bit machine when scanning and it was causing interference on my 64-bit machine, but that didn't help. I am attaching the scanner straight into a USB port on the back of the PC, not through a USB hub.

Anybody know of any known problems with scanning in 64-bit Ubuntu 8.0.4 (Hardy Heron)? Any tips on how to clear up my scans?

Beans

Re: Green and Red streaks in scans

Bump. Has anybody seen this problem before? Thanks!

Beans

Angry Re: Green and Red streaks in scans

Please just let me know if I shouldn't be self-bumping this thread. It gets buried so fast that I'm concerned nobody will see it, and I can't find anything on this on the web or on these forums.
    Last edited by mawlinux; August 20th, 2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Bumping