Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD Recorder Too Slow

Beans

Re: DVD Recorder Too Slow

I have mounted my pc following instructions of a magazine...
    I don't understand! You shouldn't need to follow any instructions to "mount" Ubuntu. It should start automatically when your turn on your computer. How did you install Ubuntu? Is it installed on a USB flash drive, internal hard drive, something else?

Beans

I mean I bought the motherboard and all the parts separately and then at home I connected all the hardware I bought... I installed ubuntu from a cd...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NeoAndersen View Post
    I mean I bought the motherboard and all the parts separately and then at home I connected all the hardware I bought... I installed ubuntu from a cd...
    I see. In that case, I recommend that you do the following.

1. Use Google to search the internet for known compatibility issues between your hardware and Ubuntu. For example, since you own a GeForce 7950 graphics card, you'd enter geforce 7950 AND ubuntu into Google. Do this search for your DVD burners (using model numbers), and all other major components of your computer.

2. Go into your computer's BIOS, and reload your computer's default settings. Some computers have both "optimized settings" and "failsafe settings". Try both, and also try manually tweaking so of the settings.

3. Backup your data, erase your hard drive, and install Ubuntu 8.0.4.1 32-bit instead of the 64-bit version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12