I'm having getting Ubuntu to connect to the internet.
I have connected a cable from the network socket to my router and this would work in Windows except I'm using Ubuntu for that computer e.g.:
Normally in order to establish an internet connection I would use network connection wizard in network connections by:
1. Clicking 'connect to the internet'
2. Clicking 'set up my connection manually'
3. Clicking 'connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password'
4. Typing in my ISP name, user name and password.
5. Clicking connect in the window I get after clicking connect to.
6. And finally I can connect to the internet.
How does this exactly translate to in Ubuntu?
Edit: What I've tried without any success is:
1. Clicking system
2. then administration
3. then network
4. I've enabled roaming mode under Wired Connection
5. I then selected a PPPoE connection and entered my user name and password
6. I've also had to select an eth0 ethernet interface under modem settings in order to click ok.
So what am I doing wrong that's preventing me from connecting to the internet?